GAIL reports a six-fold jump in net profit in the first quarter on higher margins
The company's net profit jumped
AdvertisementThe increase in the profits is mainly attributable to better physical performance in natural gas marketing and transmission, improved margins in gas marketing due to favourable market conditions and better price realisation in petrochemicals and liquid hydrocarbons, the company said in a statement.
During the quarter, natural gas transmission and natural gas marketing volume increased by 19 per cent and 18 per cent, respectively as compared with corresponding quarter in previous year. The volume growth was due to normalcy of the business activities as against nationwide lockdown during Q1 FY21.
During the quarter, the consolidated group turnover stood at Rs 17,551 crore as against Rs 12,152 crore in Q1 FY21. The group's PBT and PAT stood at Rs 2,540 crore and Rs 2,138 crore, respectively, as against Rs 729 crore and Rs 654 crore, respectively, in Q1 FY21.
GAIL Chairman & Managing Director, Manoj Jain stated that the company is focussed on development of the national gas grid and currently GAIL, along with its JVs, is executing pipeline projects of around 8,000 km with investment of around Rs 38,000 crore.
GAIL is also expanding polypropylene production capacity by setting up 500 KTA PDHPP Unit at Usar (Maharashtra) and 60 KTA PP unit at Pata (Uttar Pradesh) with an approximate investment of Rs 10,000 crore. During the current financial year, GAIL has a capex plan of Rs 6,600 crore. Jain further added that GAIL is exploring possibilities for expanding its footprint in renewables.
Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins
Glenmark Life Sciences IPO: How to check allotment status, listing date and more
Popular on BI
- Sansera Engineering IPO — How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- Amazon is investigating its lawyers for allegedly bribing Indian government officials
- Noise ropes in Taapsee Pannu as its brand ambassador for smart wearables
- Online fantasy gaming startup earns almost five times Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings
- Samsung's first F-series phone with 5G support, Galaxy F42, to launch soon
- 2021 Yamaha R15 V4.0, R15M, Aerox 155 launched in India — all you need to know
- Tara Sutaria to be the face of Olay India's premium skincare range