How does Tata Neu fare among Reliance Jio, Amazon, Flipkart and Paytm? Here is what all are included in it
- Tata Digital’s super app ambition will finally come to life tomorrow, April 7.
- The app will initially only open for Tata Group employees and their friends and family.
- The company has also launched a common reward called the NeuCoins to connect all brands.
AdvertisementTata Digital’s super app ambition will finally come to life tomorrow, April 7, as Tata Neu opens up for all customers.
The app, which was initially rolled out a little over six months ago, was only open for 800,000 Tata Group employees and their friends and family so far. However, anyone would be allowed to sign up for the platforms from tomorrow.
The Tata Neu app has already been downloaded over 100,000 times both on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
A super app is a digital ecosystem of products and services housed under a single application and user experience. Tata Neu is doing exactly the same by bringing all its digital brands under one roof. However, it is not the only one.
Just like its several consumer-facing services, Tata Neu will continue to compete with India’s biggest conglomerate Reliance Industries. It will also compete with tech giant Amazon, which do offer similar services one way or another.
|Grocery delivery||BigBasket||JioMart, Milkbasket||Amazon Pantry, Amazon Fresh||Paytm Mall||Flipkart|
|Electronics||Croma||Reliance Digital||Amazon.com||Paytm Mall||Flipkart|
|Ecommerce||Tata Cliq, Westside||Ajio, JioMart, Urban Ladder, ZivaMe||Amazon.com||Paytm Mall||Flipkart|
|Digital Payments||Tata Pay UPI||JioMoney||Amazon Pay||Paytm||PhonePe (sister company)|
|Epharmacy||1mg||Netmeds||Amazon Pharmacy||—||Flipkart (over the counter drugs)|
|Tour and travel||AirAsia India, Indian Hotel Company Limited (IHCL)||—||Amazon.com||Paytm||Flipkart, PhonePe|
“Tata Neu is a unified platform that connects several brands across the Tata universe like never before. Designed to be a super-app, Tata Neu offers everything from daily grocery, electronics, finance solutions, flights, holidays and more,” the description on Tata Digital’s website reads.
The description goes on to mention that Tata Neu will connect each of its brands with a common reward called the NeuCoins. A customer can earn these ‘NeuCoins’ on each purchase across all brands online as well as at the physical locations. The coins can, then, be used similarly to get discounts.
Tata Neu would also enable users to make payments using NeuCoins (only for Tata brands), card, QR codes, unified payments interface (UPI), and equated monthly installment (EMI). Users can also transfer money directly to a bank account using Tata Pay UPI, and keep track of utility bills like DTH, broadband, mobile and electricity.
TCS, Marico, Tata Steel, Adani Enterprises among stocks to watch out for on April 6
Josh, Dailyhunt parent company VerSe raises $805 million, takes valuation to $5 billion
All you need to know about the new heavy-duty pickup truck— Toyota Hilux
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared