Mukesh Ambani’s clean energy vision gets a New Year boost with the acquisition of this UK battery tech company
Mukesh Ambani’s Reliancehas acquired UK battery maker Faradion.
- The acquisition is valued at £100 million, expected to be completed by January 2022.
- This is in line with the company’s clean energy vision, especially after the Saudi Aramco deal fell apart.
Reliance New Energy Solar, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries has entered into an agreement to acquire a 100% stake in UK’s Faradion Limited, a sodium ion battery technology provider.
Reliance has agreed to acquire the company at £100 million (approx. ₹1,004 crore) as per a stock exchange filing.
The company will acquire 88.92% of equity shares of Faradion for an aggregate consideration of £83.97 million (approx. ₹840 crore) at closing, which is expected to be completed in January 2022.
Shares of Reliance Industries were up by 0.8% as of 10:00 a.m., today, December 31.
The 11.08% stake will be acquired within three years from closing the deal at a consideration of up to £10.45 million (approx. ₹104 crore).
In addition to this, Reliance New Energy Solar will also subscribe to new shares and infuse £31.59 million (approx. ₹32 crore) in Faradion in the form of equity and cash, as the British battery company expands its commercial rollout.
In line with Mukesh Ambani’s renewable energy vision for Reliance
The acquisition of Faradion is in line with Mukesh Ambani’s renewable energy vision for Reliance Industries, something that he outlined in the company’s annual event held earlier this week.
Earlier this year, Ambani reiterated Reliance Industries’ ₹75,000 crore investment plan in the renewable energy sector. This includes setting up four giga factories at an outlay of ₹60,000 crore, and ₹15,000 crore towards setting up value chain, partnerships and more.
Mukesh Ambani reiterates Reliance's ₹75,000 crore push, reveals development of Giga Complex under way
Social media in 2022 — Expectations, predictions and everything new that may arrive on the platforms
Mukesh Ambani calls for 5G roll out in India, asks it to be national priority
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip
- Mizoram polls: ZPM dethrones MNF, bags 27 of 40 seats