RIL will invest ₹75,000 crore in 4 years in UP to create over 1 lakh jobs: Mukesh Ambani
- Our businesses are growth multipliers and also employment multipliers, said
- The divide between urban India and rural Bharat is also closing, said Ambani.
- RIL plans to pilot two new initiatives —
Jio Schooland Jio AI Doctor in UP.
- Ambani said that this year’s Budget laid the foundation for India’s emergence as a developed nation.
“Our businesses have not only been growth multipliers as they enable several sectors of the economy to grow, but also employment multipliers. In a nutshell, Reliance will continue to work for UP, jee jaan se (with mind and heart). And we always back our words with action,” said Ambani claiming that the new investments will create an additional over 1 lakh jobs in the state.
According to him, RIL has invested ₹50,000 crore in the state till date, and helped generate over 80,000 direct and indirect jobs. The company’s telecom arm, Jio, is working towards completing its 5G rollout in every town and village of UP by the end of December 2023, he said.
RIL also plans to pilot two new initiatives — Jio School and Jio AI Doctor to bring healthcare and education in an affordable manner to small towns and villages of the state. He also outlined plans to set up 10 GW of renewable energy capacity — the largest in UP, and also start an ambitious new bio-energy business.
“The divide between urban India and rural Bharat is also closing. There is unprecedented hope and optimism among the people. Nobody in the world can question the fundamentals of (the) Indian economy. They are robust,” said Ambani at the summit which was also attended by Prime Minister
Reliance Retail also intends to increase sourcing of a wide range of agriculture and non-agro products by many times over, from the state. RIL’s chairman said that it will benefit kisans (farmers), local artisans, craftsmen, MSMEs, as well as the supply-chain ecosystem in UP.
Ambani also said that India is entering Amritkaal or a golden age. “This year’s Budget has indeed laid the foundation for India’s emergence as a developed nation. It stands out for its highest-ever resource allocation for building the foundation for a country’s growth in terms of capital expenditure,” he said.
India to grow at 6.4% in FY24 says RBI, projects FY23 growth rate at 7%
AdvertisementIndia’s rich to shell out more for luxury cars, global travel but may have more to invest
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg
- List of Famous things to buy in Srinagar
- What you need to know when you exercise your stock option plan
- BGMI release date announced: Available to Android users for download starting today
- Gangubai Kathiawadi tops technical awards at 23rd IIFA's music-loaded opening