TCS CEO Rajesh Gopinathan resigns to pursue other interests
Rajesh Gopinathan, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Tata Consultancy Services( TCS) has tendered his resignation, which will be effective from September 15, 2023.
- The Board of Directors, at its meeting held on March 16, appointed K. Krithivasan as the Chief Executive Officer Designate, with effective from March 16, 2023.
- In its stock exchange filing, TCS said Gopinathan had resigned to pursue other interests.
The Board of Directors, at its meeting held on March 16, appointed K. Krithivasan as the Chief Executive Officer Designate, with effective from March 16, 2023.
He shall take over as the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of the Company in the next financial year, subject to shareholder's approval, effective date of which would be intimated in due course.
In a stock exchange filing, giving the reasons for Gopinath's resignation, TCS said it was for pursuing other interests.
Krithivasan is presently President and Global Head of the Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI) Business Group at Tata Consultancy Services.
Krithivasan has been part of the global technology sector for over 34 years, having joined Tata Consultancy Services in 1989.
During his long tenure at TCS, he has held various leadership roles in delivery, customer relationship management, large programme management and sales.
Krithivasan is also a member of the Board of Directors of TCS Iberoamerica, TCS Ireland and the supervisory board of TCS Technology Solutions AG.
He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Madras and a Master's Degree in Industrial and Management Engineering from IIT Kanpur.
Time to move on from CEO extension debate for IndusInd Bank and focus on the fundamentals
Analysts remain optimistic about India’s top 100 stocks: Most popular 5 stocks deliver double digit returns
RBI largely expected to hike repo rate by 25 bps in April even as US Fed expected to take a pause
Popular on BI
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA
- Domestic occupiers keep office space demand high in 2023
- Nifty, Sensex bounce back on Friday but experts see resistance at higher levels
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals
- Passive flows account for 42% of foreign capital flows in 2023