India’s biggest software exporter just got itself a millennial makeover after 15 years
Tata Consultancy Services(TCS) has rebranded itself after 15 years to speak to millennials.
- The company’s new tagline is ‘
Building on Belief’, from ‘ Experience Certainty’.
- According to the company’s Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), ‘Building on Belief’ does not mean that the company is letting go of its proposition of the certainty it offers its clients.
The decision to rebrand TCS began nearly a year ago. The company ran a survey across more than a 100 of its clients and 200 employees to restructure its public image.
“We felt early on in the year, we wanted to develop a new brand statement… which is reflective of who we are as an organisation today,” said Rajashree R, company’s chief marketing officer (CMO).
AdvertisementThe company did not share the amount of investment that went into the rebranding exercise but explained that the new brand statement will be activated over the next few weeks.
According to Rajashree, the new tagline is geared towards speaking to millennials — not just about where TCS is currently, but where the company is aspiring to go within the next decade. She explained that it is focused on bringing the voice of the ‘young TCS’ to the forefront.
However, the decision comes at a time when clients are looking for certainty amid the volatility of the COVID-19 pandemic. “We are not vacating the experience certainty proposition, this is an evolution and we’re building on it. Certainty is still a very core proposition by the company,” explained Rajashree.
Belief, building and branding
‘Building on belief’ is centred around the proposal that Indian IT service behemoth is a “community of builders,” said Rajashree.
And, its proposal to build on ‘belief’ hinges on four pillars — world belief, customer belief, the company’s own belief and individual belief. “There are some core beliefs with which we all operate,” said Rajashree.
The brand has attached four promises to its new image — it is for good, bring everything, know how and mastering the journey.
AdvertisementIt envisions equality in boardrooms, the eradication of the pandemic from the planet, and bringing about sustainability. “A place where we can breathe,” said the TCS promo. New ad is likely to come out after a few weeks.
SIMPLY PUT: The ripple effect of Archegos Capital's collapse may cost global banks $6 billion
Nazara Technologies sees a blockbuster listing – shares list at 81% premium
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' is effective against double mutant strain found in India, says ICMR