TCS valued at almost $200 billion, closer to US-listed peer Accenture with $216 billion
- Shares of one of the top valued companies TCS have rallied 13% in the last month leading it closer to the $199 billion-mark in terms of market cap.
- At the same time, the IT major’s US peer Accenture was valued at $216 billion.
- Mukesh Ambani-led RIL stands ahead of everyone in the Indian market with a market cap of $205 billion.
However, TCS did cross the $200 billion-mark, on Wednesday, while rallying during the day.
In the Indian market, TCS is the second largest valued company after Reliance Industries, which is valued at $205 billion as on September 15.
AdvertisementThe IT major has rallied 13.74% in the last one month to catch up to the $200 billion valuation. Meanwhile, the market cap of Bengaluru-based Indian rival Infosys was $100 billion away at $98 billion.
It took 13.5 years for TCS to get to $100 billion market cap in its 50 years journey in the stock market, while the next $ 100 billion took 3.5 years, or a third of the time.
|Top 5 valued companies in India||Market cap|
|Reliance Industries||$205 billion|
|HDFC Bank||$116 billion|
|Hindustan Unilever||$88 billion|
Besides, the overall IT sector has been performing well in the last one year considering the rising demand for digitisation across the globe due to the pandemic. Nifty IT, consisting of top 10 IT companies, has spiked 50% in the last one year.
SEE ALSO: Telecom, auto, Tata group and other top stocks to watch out for on September 16
Billionaire investor and HCL Technologies founder Shiv Nadar is among world’s 50 richest people
Popular on BI
- 'Harry Potter' had a chance to represent Indian kids like me, but all we got were Parvati and Padma Patil's atrocious Yule Ball outfits
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- SEBI is hiring financial content writer interns with a stipend of ₹45,000 per month
- Dream11 parent Dream Sports to hire 200 people in India across various domains
- Snap's stock plummets by 22% as Apple’s iPhone privacy changes hit its advertising business
- Twitter now lets anyone on Android and iOS host Spaces
- PUBG: New State with ‘PC-like’ gameplay will officially launch on November 11