Chinese e-commerce app Shein will re-enter the Indian market with Amazon, but as a seller this time
Sheinwill re-launch in India on Amazonduring its annual Prime Day sale.
- Amazon Prime Date dedicated page marks the return of Shein on the e-commerce platform.
- Before Shein, PUBG marked its re-entry into the Indian market by relaunching in a new avatar.
Amazon Prime Date dedicated page marks the return of Shein on the e-commerce platform. However, it is important to note that it will only be launched as a seller on Amazon and not as a separate e-commerce platform like before.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
Shein’s own e-commerce website still reads the message from last year, after the government decided to ban it. “Dear customers, to make timely adjustments, we decided to temporarily pause new orders from India starting from 11th of July, until we can reach a new agreement with the government and the ban order is lifted.”
The government of India had banned about 250 Chinese apps between June to September last year, due to the geo-political tension with the neighbouring country. These include TikTok, Likee, CamScanner and others. Even South Korea’s popular game PUBG came under the radar for its ties with China-based Tencent games.
Before Shein, PUBG marked its re-entry into the Indian market by relaunching in a new avatar ‘BattleGrounds Mobile India’. The Krafton-owned game has crossed 34 million players within one week of its launch on July 2, 2021. It has over 16 million active users and garnered 2.4 million peak concurrent players.
On Tuesday, July 13, BattleGrounds Mobile India also announced partnership with electric vehicles manufacturer Tesla, who will open Gigafactory in four fixed locations in the games’ virtual map. Gamers will be able to enter these Gigafactory and see the production of the Tesla Model Y.
TikTok, on the other hand, has been trying to re-enter the Indian market since last year, but has not been able to make any successful strides there. The company had to aggressively downsize its workforce earlier in January, after all of its attempts to relaunch in India failed.
Zomato IPO opens tomorrow — and even analysts are confused
SoftBank-Swiggy deal gets CCI approval, two days before Zomato IPO
Payments firm MobiKwik files for ₹1,900 crore IPO, reportedly to seek $1 billion valuation
- Dominos India and Osho Jain create a music video together to urge citizens to get vaccinated
- IPO-bound ixigo acquires bus ticketing platform AbhiBus to strengthen its footprint
- Best earphones with heavy bass in India
- With 9.8% growth in H1 2021 revenues, WPP says it has returned to 2019 levels a year ahead of plan
- Gold bond early redemption window opens today — if you don’t need the money now, stay invested