Disha Patani comes on board as Myntra’s first ‘beauty brand ambassador’
Myntrahas today announced that Bollywoodstar Disha Pataniis its first beauty brand ambassador.
- With this Amar Nagaram, CEO, Myntra, said that the appointment confirms the retail platform’s focus on the beauty segment.
- Beauty and wellness is a fast-growing category in e-commerce.
With this Amar Nagaram, CEO, Myntra, said that the appointment confirms the retail platform’s focus on the beauty segment.
“Through our tech-based personalization capabilities, a growing portfolio, and content innovation, we are extending our superlative consumer experience to cater to the beauty needs of consumers and help them complete the look. Disha joins our illustrious list of celebrity brand ambassadors ahead of the festive season and will help us in our vision of providing a holistic fashion and lifestyle offering to our fashion-forward consumers across the nation under one roof,” said Amar Nagaram, CEO, Myntra in a statement.
AdvertisementMyntra said that it has 400 brands and over 14,000 products in the beauty and personal care category, across makeup, fragrance, hair, grooming and appliances, skin, bath and body.
The beauty industry in India, projected to be worth $20 billion by 2025, was one of the sectors whose path was redefined during the coronavirus pandemic. With the lockdown, people are ordering more and more products online for DIY home care kits.
This has led to a jump in the beauty and wellness category spending online. As non-essential deliveries began, trimmers and grooming devices saw a surge in demand across e-commerce platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal and Paytm Mall.
The beauty and wellness category in e-commerce has seen a 57% jump in demand in June 2020 as compared to February 2020, according to a report by e-commerce SaaS platform Unicommerce.
This startup wants to turn kirana stores into electric vehicle charging stations
EXCLUSIVE: YES Bank's workforce shrank by 1,000 employees since March but now it's hiring again for the coming year
- Vivo S7t to come with Dimensity 820 processor soon, reveals report
- CBSE restructures affiliation system; process to be completely digital with least human intervention
- Chile jolted with two earthquakes, reports no casualties or damages
- One million COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in India in just six days, says Health Ministry
- Google Drive becomes a goldmine for pirated, explicit content