EXCLUSIVE: YES Bank's workforce shrank by 1,000 employees since March but now it's hiring again for the coming year
- YES Bank is looking to hire after its workforce shrank by 1,000 employees since March.
- The private sector bank is mostly looking to hire for digital, marketing and credit underwriting.
- In an exclusive interview with Business Insider, YES Bank CEO and MD Prashant Kumar shares what the bank is looking for in its hunt for new talent.
“Wherever there is a shortage, we are hiring,” said YES Bank’s CEO and Managing Director Prashant Kumar in an exclusive interaction with Business Insider on a #HangoutwithBI Twitter live.
The dip in the bank’s workforce was not because of layoffs, but because people had quit voluntarily. “Some of them had put in their papers in early 2020. We did not replace them,” said Kumar.
According to him, YES Bank is now looking to push on digitisation, which has become more relevant in the COVID-19 era. “We have tried to streamline processes. With less number of workforce, we’re able to do more,” he said.
YES Bank also pivoted to adopt a method to digitally onboarding customers, both in terms of liabilities and on the loan side, due to COVID-19. “Customers can open a digital account through video KYC. With very few employees and small costs we are able to acquire,” said Kumar.
YES Bank is hiring
Most companies, YES Bank included, weren’t too aggressive about hiring when the coronavirus pandemic initially broke. The reason YES Bank is back on the wagon is that it wants to grow and have the right people in place before the next financial year kicks off.
“Hiring is something that takes a little bit of time in terms of getting the right kind of person, onboarding, and getting the person ready for the specific role,” explained Kumar.
Employment opportunities and job vacancies at the bank can be found on its official website. YES Bank is looking for candidates who are innovative, have basic skills, work hard, would like, and to pursue a career in banking. However, Kumar points out that a certain minimum level of experience is required.
AdvertisementHere’s a quick look at some of the posts that YES Bank is looking to fill:
|Senior Vice President||Business and Digital Technology Solutions Group||Mumbai|
|Vice President||Business and Digital Technology Solutions Group||Mumbai|
|Assistant Vice President||Business and Digital Technology Solutions Group||Mumbai|
|Senior Manager||Business and Digital Technology Solutions Group||Mumbai, Gurgaon|
|Senior Vice President||Central Data and Analytics Group||Mumbai|
|Vice President||Central Data and Analytics Group||Mumbai|
|Assistant Vice President||Central Data and Analytics Group||Mumbai|
|Executive Vice President||Risk Management||Mumbai|
|Vice President||Risk Management||Mumbai|
|Credit Quality Manager||Risk Management||Lucknow, Kolkata|
|Regional Credit Manager||Risk Management||Delhi|
|Zonal Credit Manager||Risk Management||Delhi|
|Area Credit Manager||Risk Management||Kolkata|
Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin is eyeing the commercial space station business — wants NASA as one of its first customers
A school bus-sized asteroid will make its closest approach to Earth tomorrow — safely zooming past the planet
Microsoft acquires exclusive license for Elon Musk’s largest GPT-3 AI language model
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar