Flipkart IPO may reportedly happen overseas in November 2022
Flipkartwants to do the IPO before March 2023, CEO Kalyan Krishnamurthy reportedly said.
- Scaling the grocery business would be a critical part of the journey towards Flipkart’s public listing.
- The company is also looking to raise the pre-IPO round in the January-March quarter next year.
AdvertisementWalmart-owned ecommerce giant Flipkart will go for an initial public offering (IPO) in November or December 2022, the company’s group chief executive (CEO) Kalyan Krishnamurthy has reportedly said.
There is also a chance that the
He reportedly added that scaling the grocery business would be a critical part of the journey towards the public listing. This may be a reason why Flipkart increased its shareholdings in fresh produce supply chain company NinjaCart earlier this week.
As per the report, Flipkart is looking at a possible overseas listing. The company is also reportedly looking to raise a pre-IPO round in the January-March quarter next year in order to benchmark its valuation before it hits the public market.
Business Insider has reached out to Flipkart seeking confirmation on the same.
The Bengaluru-based company had raised $3.6 billion in July this year, at a valuation of $37.6 billion. The round was led by Singapore-based GIC, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPP investments), Softbank Vision Fund 2 and
Walmart had acquired 77% shares in Flipkart in 2018, giving exits to founders Binny and Sachin Bansal, subsequently. The US-based retail giant currently holds 75% shareholding in Flipkart.
INTERVIEW: Grofers founder explains why he rushed to rebrand the startup and his plans seem ambitious
Byju’s insider says the US SPAC offer values company at $48 billion
AdvertisementOla raises half a billion dollars in debt to fuel its food delivery and quick commerce dream
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk's brain-chip startup shares video it says shows a monkey telepathically 'typing'
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Herschel Walker's son says Trump called his father for months demanding that he run, while 'everyone with a brain' begged him not to
- 1,330 recognised startups from gaming and related sectors as on Nov 30: Som Parkash
- Sula Vineyards to open IPO next week from Dec 12-14; GMP already at ₹70 per share
- India to add 9 million gig jobs by 2025 says Indeed report
- From Brahmastra to KGF: The most searched movies on Google in 2022 in India
- Adjusted for inflation, policy rate still remains accommodative, says RBI Governor