JioMart is neither delivering orders to your doorstep nor cancelling orders
JioMartrecently launched a WhatsApp number from where consumers can place orders.
- Once you place an order, JioMart will send you a message about the nearest Kirana shop from where you can pick up the order.
- In the current version, you can’t cancel the order once placed.
However, there are several issues in the current pilot. First of all, JioMart isn’t delivering orders to your doorstep. Once you place an order, JioMart will send you a message about the nearest Kirana shop from where you can pick up the order. So, this in itself fails the purpose of an online delivery and instead works as a service where you can pre-book your essentials.
But that’s not all. Currently, you can only pay by cash or any form, directly to the kirana. When you are placing orders on the webpage link, you are just asked to proceed but it doesn’t let you confirm the order. Moreover, you can’t cancel the order once placed. You will have to call the kirana and cancel or modify it.
JioMart’s WhatsApp integration comes days after its parent company Reliance and WhatsApp’s parent Facebook signed a mega deal. Facebook invested a whopping $5.7 billion in
“The companies will work closely to ensure that consumers are able to access the nearest kiranas who can provide products and services to their homes by transacting seamlessly with JioMart using WhatsApp,” Reliance had said in a statement.
In December 2019, Reliance JioMart had started calling for pre-registrations from users promising savings of as much as ₹3,000. JioMart’s debut is a threat to several e-commerce players who have been scaling up their grocery retail operations like – Amazon, Flipkart to startups like BigBasket, Grofers, Swiggy, Dunzo.
WhatsApp is the secret sauce in the deal between Facebook and Reliance Jio
To be India’s Alibaba, Mukesh Ambani wants a super app with Facebook— but an all-in-one app is not known to work so far
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds