Biocon Biologics to offer 15% stake to Serum Institute Life Sciences at valuation of $4.9 billion
For offering the 15 per cent stake,
"Pursuant to the terms of the agreement, BBL will generate a committed revenue stream and related margins, commencing H2, FY23.
In addition to vaccines, the strategic alliance will also develop antibodies targeting several infectious diseases like dengue and HIV.
"This alliance will complement the strengths and resources of the two leading players in vaccines and biologics. Our shared vision of building large scale businesses having global impact makes it a unique and synergistic value creation opportunity," Biocon and Biocon Biologics Executive Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw said.
The two companies will enter Service Level Agreements for manufacturing and distribution of the vaccines and antibodies.
"We look forward to complementing each other's capabilities and capacities in vaccines and biologics, with the objective of addressing inequitable access both in emerging and developed markets for life saving vaccines and biologics," Serum Institute of India CEO Adar Poonawalla said.
Biocon Biologics will also establish, at its cost, a vaccine R&D division to support the strategic alliance in developing both vaccines and biologics for communicable diseases.
Additionally, wherever possible, it will make available its cell culture and sterile fill and finish capacities for vaccine production under the strategic alliance, the filing said.
"Biocon Biologics would issue shares and receive the contemplated rights through a merger with Covidshield Technologies Pvt. Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of SILS, on customary closing conditions and receipt of regulatory approvals," it added.
AdvertisementShares of Biocon Ltd closed at Rs 376.90 per scrip on BSE, up 5.47 per cent from its previous close.
Biocon, Hero MotoCorp, TVS Motor, banks and other top stocks to watch out for on September 17
Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
Popular on BI
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Not just India, many countries are protecting their wheat to keep daily bread, affordable
- Top 5 SUV cars under ₹20 Lakhs
- Best free Android games without ads in 2022
- Europe on red alert for monkeypox as EU health chiefs ask nations to prepare vaccination strategies
- These states in India are paying up to ₹15 extra on petrol compared to other states
- Vaccine makers are making over $1,000 per second and furiously holding on to their monopolies