Deepinder Goyal, Akshant Goyal — here is how much Zomato’s dream team earned since October 2021
- Zomato’s founder and CEO Deepinder Goyal was given ESOPs worth ₹387 crore in the second half of FY2022.
- However, he did not create any wealth out of it as he donated ESOPs worth ₹700 crore in May.
- Goyal had also forgone his salary for three years and did not earn anything in FY2022.
AdvertisementZomato’s founder and CEO Deepinder Goyal received shares worth ₹387 crore under the employee stock option plan (ESOP) in the second half of fiscal year 2022. However, he does not personally gain from it.
Goyal donated all his ESOP proceeds worth ₹700 crore to Zomato Future Foundation last month, which will be used towards offering free education to the children of delivery partners and other initiatives. This included the ESOPs allocated to him in the second half of 2022.
Not taking any salary till FY2024
Additionally, he also waived off his salary for the entire year that ended in March. He had also taken a pay cut owing to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Goyal earned a basic salary of ₹1.96 crore in FY2021, compared to ₹3.5 crore earned in the previous year. As Zomato was preparing for its public debut last year, Goyal announced that he will not be taking any money home for the next three years, as salary.
“Deepinder Goyal has voluntarily waived his remuneration for a period of 36 months starting from April 1, 2021 and shall continue to discharge his roles and duties as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer during this period,” the company had said in its IPO papers.
How much did others earn?
Zomato — in its regulatory filings on Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) — revealed that it has incurred an expense of ₹778 crore in salaries and other benefits like ESOPs between October 2021 and March 2022.
Here is how much Zomato’s top management earned in the latter half of FY2022:
Source: Zomato’s filing on related party transactions
|Deepinder Goyal||Founder and CEO of Zomato||N/A||₹386 crore|
|Akshant Goyal||CFO||₹50 lakh||₹3 crore|
|Sandhya Sethia||Company Secretary||₹30 lakh||₹30 lakh|
|Kaushik Dutta||Director||N.A||₹30 lakh|
|Namita Gupta||Director||N.A||₹30 lakh|
|Aparna Popat||Director||N.A||₹20 lakh|
|Gunjan Tilak||Director||N.A||₹20 lakh|
|Sutapa Banerjee||Director||N.A||₹20 lakh|
Notably, CFO Akshant Goyal had also forgone his salary for the months of January, February and March.
YouTube channel to a billion dollar company — India’s first profitable edtech unicorn is here
After Amazon, Flipkart, Reliance and Tata Neu, India's $133 billion ecommerce market may be too little for a fifth player
India will have more ecommerce users by 2025 than US’ population
Popular on BI
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala
- Attractiveness of gold depends on US Fed's moves, say analysts
- Coal India’s ₹4,000 crore offer for sale subscribed 4x times
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company
- Meet the top Nifty50 performers in FY23