Falguni Nayar’s net worth surges to $6.5 billion after Nykaa’s successful IPO
Falguni Nayar’s net worth surged to $6.5 billion as Nykaalisted at a over 70% premium on the stock exchange.
- The company’s market cap also breached the ₹100,000 crore mark within a few hours of its stock exchange debut.
- Nayar founded Nykaa at the age of 50 after quitting as the MD of Kotak Investment Banking.
AdvertisementNykaa’s founder and chief executive Falguni Nayar has become India’s wealthiest self-made female billionaire after the beauty ecommerce brand’s successful initial public offering (IPO).
According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Nayar’s net worth surged to $6.5 billion as Nykaa listed at a over 70% premium on the stock market.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad graduate Nayar has previously worked with AF Ferguson & Co and Kotak Mahindra Group. She was appointed as the managing director of Kotak Investment Banking in 2007, but exited the company in 2012.
At the age of 50, she founded Nykaa.
Nykaa’s (FSN E-Commerce Venture Limited) shares were offered within a price range of ₹1,085 to ₹1,125, but the company made its stock market debut ₹2,001 earlier today. This is a premium of 77.87%.
WATCH MORE: Nykaa, an Indian fashion and cosmetics brand, has beaten the country’s biggest biscuits maker and online job portal with a blockbuster IPO.
The shares were trading at ₹2,203 at 12:39 p.m., on November 10, representing a premium of nearly 96% over the issue price of ₹1,125. The company’s market cap also breached the ₹100,000 crore mark within a few hours of its stock exchange debut.
A total of 17 investors — both institutional and individual — sold part of their shareholdings as OfS in Nykaa’s IPO. This included Falguni and her husband Sanjay Nayar’s family office named Sanjay Nayar Family Trust, TPG Growth, Lighthouse India, J M Financial and Investment Consultancy and others.
Half of Paytm’s shares have been subscribed so far — today is the last day to subscribe
AdvertisementNASA is pushing its human moon landing back to 2025, and its top official worries China will beat the US there
PolicyBazaar’s IPO will be allotted today — here’s how you can check the status
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore