HDFC Bank reports 16.1% year-on-year rise in net profit for Q1FY22
Accordingly, the bank's net profit increased to ₹7,729.6 crore during the quarter under review ended June 30 in the
Besides, the bank's net interest income (interest earned less interest expended) rose to ₹17,009.0 crore from ₹15,665.4 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2020.
"During the quarter, the country was hit by a 'second wave' of Covid-19, with a significant surge in cases following the discovery of mutant coronavirus strains. While there was an improvement towards the end, business activities remained curtailed for almost two thirds of the quarter."
"These disruptions led to a decrease in retail loan originations, sale of third party products, card spends and efficiency in collection efforts. The lower business volumes, coupled with higher slippages, resulted in lower revenues, as well as an enhanced level of provisioning."
Valve’s Steam Deck handheld gaming device promises to bring the power of consoles in your hands
Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem IPO -- Should you subscribe? Here’s what analysts are saying
Popular on BI
- US will give runway rights at NJ airport to a budget airline
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee