HDFC Bank reports 16.1% year-on-year rise in net profit for Q1FY22
Accordingly, the bank's net profit increased to ₹7,729.6 crore during the quarter under review ended June 30 in the
Besides, the bank's net interest income (interest earned less interest expended) rose to ₹17,009.0 crore from ₹15,665.4 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2020.
"During the quarter, the country was hit by a 'second wave' of Covid-19, with a significant surge in cases following the discovery of mutant coronavirus strains. While there was an improvement towards the end, business activities remained curtailed for almost two thirds of the quarter."
"These disruptions led to a decrease in retail loan originations, sale of third party products, card spends and efficiency in collection efforts. The lower business volumes, coupled with higher slippages, resulted in lower revenues, as well as an enhanced level of provisioning."
Valve’s Steam Deck handheld gaming device promises to bring the power of consoles in your hands
Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem IPO -- Should you subscribe? Here’s what analysts are saying
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know