HDFC Bank reports 16.1% year-on-year rise in net profit for Q1FY22
Accordingly, the bank's net profit increased to ₹7,729.6 crore during the quarter under review ended June 30 in the
Besides, the bank's net interest income (interest earned less interest expended) rose to ₹17,009.0 crore from ₹15,665.4 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2020.
"During the quarter, the country was hit by a 'second wave' of Covid-19, with a significant surge in cases following the discovery of mutant coronavirus strains. While there was an improvement towards the end, business activities remained curtailed for almost two thirds of the quarter."
"These disruptions led to a decrease in retail loan originations, sale of third party products, card spends and efficiency in collection efforts. The lower business volumes, coupled with higher slippages, resulted in lower revenues, as well as an enhanced level of provisioning."
Valve’s Steam Deck handheld gaming device promises to bring the power of consoles in your hands
Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem IPO -- Should you subscribe? Here’s what analysts are saying
Popular on BI
- A startup founder was asked to do a coffee run on her first pitch, now she's among India's richest women
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts