Hindenburg report wipes out $526 million of Jack Dorsey's wealth
- Former Twitter co-founder and CEO
Jack Dorseywas left poorer by $526 million after short-seller Hindenburg report.
- Dorsey is now worth $4.4 billion, according to
AdvertisementSan Francisco, Former Twitter co-founder and CEO Jack
After his worst single-day decline, Dorsey is now worth $4.4 billion, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
Block's shares also nosedived as much as 22 per cent on Thursday, before closing down 15 per cent late on Thursday.
Block, formerly known as Square, claims to have developed a "frictionless" and "magical" financial technology with a mission to empower the "unbanked" and the "underbanked".
"Our 2-year investigation has concluded that Block has systematically taken advantage of the demographics it claims to be helping," said Hindenburg Research in its report, taking its latest short position on Block.
"We also believe Jack Dorsey has built an empire -- and amassed a $5 billion personal fortune -- professing to care deeply about the demographics he is taking advantage of," it added.
Block or Dorsey were yet to react to the Hindenburg report.
According to the report, Block embraced one traditionally very "underbanked" segment of the population: criminals.
"The company's 'Wild West' approach to compliance made it easy for bad actors to mass-create accounts for identity fraud and other scams, then extract stolen funds quickly," the report mentioned.
In sum, "we think Block has misled investors on key metrics, and embraced predatory offerings and compliance worst-practices in order to fuel growth and profit from facilitation of fraud against consumers and the government," said Hindenburg.
Bing's AI Chatbot is now accessible on Mac: Here’s how you can use it
ChatGPT prompts to boost your productivity and creativity in 2023
Popular on BI
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Samsung Galaxy F54 5G: A top specs phone under Rs 30,000 but with fast charging still a miss
- TCS looking to grab opportunities arising due to global shifts in energy and supply chain, says Chandrasekaran
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny vs Honda Elevate – Which SUV suits your need
- LinkedIn introduces ID Verification feature for Indian users
- Ivan Menezes, India-born CEO of Johnnie Walker whisky's maker Diageo, passes away