Bing's AI Chatbot is now accessible on Mac: Here’s how you can use it
Image credits- Gumroad
- Microsoft's new Bing integrates ChatGPT, a more powerful
AI chatbot, allowing users to get human-like responses with source links and creative assistance.
- Interested users can join a waitlist for early access to the Bing
chatbot, with the option to increase chances of getting off the list by installing Edge, making Bing their default search engine, and installing the Bing Mobile app.
- With the MacBing app, macOS users can easily access Bing for free.
AdvertisementMicrosoft recently introduced a new version of Bing in early February, which features an integration with ChatGPT as its standout feature. The new Bing includes a chat feature that is powered by a next-generation version of OpenAI's large language model, which Microsoft claims is ‘more powerful than ChatGPT.’ This AI chatbot allows users to ask questions and receive detailed, human-like responses with footnotes linking to the original sources. Additionally, the chatbot can assist with creative needs such as writing poems, stories, songs, and more.
Bing's chatbot is in limited preview mode while Microsoft tests it with the public. However, interested users can join a waitlist for early access. To increase your chances of moving off the waitlist quicker, you can install Edge and set it as your default browser, make Bing your default search engine, and install the Bing Mobile app.
For macOS users, developer Jordi Bruin has created a solution to make accessing Bing more convenient. With the MacBing app, you can install Bing directly onto your MacBook and easily access it.
Here’s how to access Bing through your Mac:
- Visit the MacBing - Bing Chat for Mac; you'll see a prompt on the right-hand side that says, ‘I want this!’ In the text box above, you can enter the amount you'd like to pay the developer for their efforts. However, enter ‘$0’ in the amount section and download the app for free.
- Once you have entered the desired amount, simply click on the ‘I want this!’ button, and you will be directed to the checkout page on Gumroad. If you opt for the free version, you only need to enter your email address and no card details. After completing the checkout process, you will receive an invoice for your transaction via email.
- Once you have downloaded the MacBing app, unzip the folder and save it to your preferred location. Then, click on the MacBing icon to launch the software. When you launch the app, you may encounter a warning prompt. To proceed, simply click on ‘Open.’
- After installation, you can find the MacBing app, giving you instant access to the AI bot.
ChatGPT just got more accessible: Here’s how you can open the AI Chatbot directly from Mac's menu bar
ChatGPT prompts to boost your productivity and creativity in 2023
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- IKIO Lighting IPO opens today: 10 things to know before you subscribe
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India