Honda Power starts electric battery swap services at HPCL petrol pumps
HEIDand HPCL collaborate to start electric battery swap services at HPCL petrol stations.
- This will enable rickshaw drivers to stop by at the nearest battery stations being set up and swap discharged batteries with fully charged ones.
- The inauguration ceremony was held a few days ago on August 6.
HEID will operate the battery swap services that will enable auto rickshaw drivers to stop at the nearest battery stations being set up and swap discharged batteries with fully charged ones.
This will significantly reduce drivers’ initial cost of purchasing an electric vehicle (EV) as
well as allay concerns about running out of batteries, the companies said in a statement.
“Swappable batteries address the key EV adoption issues such as - high upfront costs, range anxiety and long charging time,” said Sandeep Maheshwari, executive director-retail at HPCL.
Honda’s technology and HPCL’s 20,000+ retail outlets in the country will ensure scalability, he added.
HEID intends to create the largest battery swap network with more than 70 stations in Bengaluru in the next 12 months. Furthermore, the service will be expanded
to other major cities in a phased manner, the statement said.
“HEID would focus on three actions – expanding its battery swap network in Bengaluru, ensuring reliable service with a highly integrated system monitoring every unique battery and exchanger, and supporting vehicle manufacturers who are developing EV that utilizes Honda Mobile Power Pack,” said
The inauguration ceremony was held a few days ago on August 6, the companies added.
AdvertisementHEID and HPCL had signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) and a commercial agreement to collaborate for working in the e-mobility sector in February this year.
Microsoft onboards ONDC to launch shopping app for Indian consumers
CoinSwitch launches $10 million Web 3 Discovery Fund to invest in early-stage Indian startups
Popular on BI
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Bill Gates says political polarization 'may bring it all to an end' and could even lead to a civil war
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- 75% off and more – Grab the best deals on laptops, smartwatches, tablets, headphones and more on Amazon today
- Amazon rolled out a live shopping feature via content creators and social media influencers in India
- Real estate demand may take a hit this festive season after RBI’s rate hike
- RBI cuts FY23 GDP growth forecast to 7% as developed world heads into recession
- Iraq's forex reserves hit record high as oil prices soar