Microsoft onboards ONDC to launch shopping app for Indian consumers
The tech giant plans to launch a
"By utilising the strength of our open network users, Microsoft, too, can implement their creative ideas like social commerce swiftly, said T Koshy, MD and CEO, ONDC.
By 2030, the Indian e-commerce industry is anticipated to reach a market size of $400 billion, increasing at a 19 per cent compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
"Initiatives like ONDC can be a game changer amid this boom. Their UPI-like network for digital commerce is a win-win for both buyers and sellers as it will enable them to connect without dependency on any eCommerce solution, said a Microsoft spokesperson.
With ONDC, a Unified Payments Interface (
Companies like Dunzo for Business (D4B), Go Frugal,
E-commerce platform Snapdeal is set to debut on ONDC this month.
SEE ALSO :
Germany confirms first monkeypox case in a child
CoinSwitch launches $10 million Web 3 Discovery Fund to invest in early-stage Indian startups
Popular on BI
- Travel Boom: India spends 2X of pre-pandemic level on Airbnb with Goa leading the charge
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8000 restaurant owners
- Hyundai Motor India says all its vehicles to come with 6 airbags
- Earthquake jolts Delhi and other parts of northern India
- World Bank pegs India's FY24 GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge