JSW Group mulls foray into EVs, to manufacture 4-wheelers
JSW Groupis considering a foray into the manufacturing of EVs.
- JSW Group company
JSW Steelowns and operates a one million tonne per annum (MTPA) steel plant at Salemin Tamil Nadu.
AdvertisementSajjan Jindal-led conglomerate JSW Group is considering a foray into the manufacturing of electric vehicles, according to a top official of the group. "The group had examined EV manufacturing plans earlier also but now it is becoming attractive," JSW Group Chief Financing Officer Seshagiri Rao told PTI.
The manufacturing of EVs is being discussed actively at the group level, he said while divulging JSW Group's plan to expand its presence into more sectors.
The group is looking to manufacture four-wheelers, Rao said.
When asked about details of the manufacturing location, he said it is yet to be decided.
On the timeline for the launch of an EV manufacturing facility, he said, "it (plan) is at advanced stages."
JSW Group company JSW Steel owns and operates a one million tonne per annum (MTPA) steel plant at Salem in Tamil Nadu. The company manufactures auto-grade steel at Salem plant and supplies the high-value steel to automobile companies including the EVs makers.
Besides, the USD 22 billion group has a significant presence in sectors like energy, infrastructure, cement, paints,
All-new Apple CarPlay features to AI for automobiles — here are some car technologies expected to arrive in 2023
CES 2023: Dates, news, products, and what to expect
Popular on BI
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x
- After JP Morgan, Indian bonds set to enter other global bond indices; capital raising for infra push to get a boost
- 10 calcium-rich foods to ward Off calcium deficiency
- Amazon introduces next-gen of Echo smart devices with new-age AI