MS Dhoni launches camera drone Droni in partnership with Garuda Aerospace
Garuda Aerospaceannounced the launch of a new camera drone named Droni, in partnership with its investor and brand ambassador, MS Dhoni.
- The new drone is aimed at consumers and fit for surveillance purposes, the company said, noting that it will be available for purchase towards the end of 2022.
- It also announced the launch of
Kisan Droneaimed at farmers who want to spray pesticides.
AdvertisementFormer India cricket captain
The new drone from Garuda that is banking on Dhoni’s name sports a quadcopter design, useful for surveillance and will be available for purchase towards the end of 2022. The company has not revealed any details about its features or price yet.
Apart from Droni, Garuda Aerospace also announced another drone aimed at farmers. Named Kisan Drone, it is a battery-powered device that can spray pesticides over a 30-acre land area per day.
“Our Droni drone is indigenous and can be used for different surveillance purposes. It is efficient, seamless and high quality from a tech and build standpoint,” the company’s founder and CEO Agnishwar Jayaprakash said, without divulging the specifications of the product.
It is worth noting that Dhoni is also an investor in the company, and its brand ambassador.
Besides these two drones, Garuda Aerospace has several others already available for purchase, with each one of them aimed at addressing different needs like surveillance, mapping, solar panel cleaning, agricultural seeding, and an inspection drone – which is in use in Telangana.
Garuda Aerospace has partnerships and contracts worth $1.2 billion and its clients include the
Telecom sector to ring in stability in Q2 – Jio and Airtel expected to grow stronger, Vi weaker
Paytm reports an increase of over 21% in average loan ticket size
Banks to reap rewards of interest rate hikes in Q2 earnings
Popular on BI
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing
- Unlike global economy, India would not slow down: RBI article
- Tier-1 cities’ home sales is 2x of what it’s in tier-2 cities: PropEquity
- Thomas Cook India, SOTC launch Green Carpet to help companies manage carbon emissions of biz travel
- Moody's downgrades outlook for UBS to negative, after Credit Suisse take over