Reliance Industries market value crosses ₹10 lakh crore thanks to Jio's deal with Mubadala
- The investment from Mubadala comes in Jio Platforms at an equity value of ₹4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of ₹5.16 lakh crore.
- Jio Platforms has raised ₹87,655.35 crore from leading global technology and growth investors, including Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR and Mubadala, in less than six weeks.
- Mubadala owns electronic chip manufacturing company Global Foundries and has stakes in several technology companies like AMD.
AdvertisementReliance Industries market value crossed ₹10 lakh crore ($10.79 trillion) once again, all thanks to Jio's deal with Mubadala. Abu Dhabi-based sovereign investor Mubadala Investment Company will buy 1.85% stake in Jio Platforms for ₹9,093.6 crore.
With this investment, Jio Platforms has raised ₹87,655 crore from leading global technology and growth investors, including Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR and Mubadala, in less than six weeks.
The investment from Mubadala comes in Jio Platforms at an equity value of ₹4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of ₹5.16 lakh crore. This make Jio worth 1.6 times Bharti Airtel, owned by billionaire Sunil Mittal, and many times over Vodafone Idea, owned by another billionaire Kumar Mangalam Birla.
|Reliance Jio||₹5.16 lakh crore|
|Airtel||₹3.12 lakh crore|
|Vodafone Idea||₹24,000 crore|
"Mubadala Investment Company (Mubadala) will invest ₹9,093.60 crore in Jio Platforms at an equity value of ₹4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of Rs 5.16 lakh crore. Mubadala's investment will translate into a 1.85% equity stake in Jio Platforms on a fully diluted basis," RIL said in a statement.
RIL subsidiary Jio Platforms is a next-generation technology platform focused on providing high-quality and affordable digital services across India, with more than 388 million subscribers. The telecom services arm Reliance Jio comes under Jio Platforms.
"Through my longstanding ties with Abu Dhabi, I have personally seen the impact of Mubadala's work in diversifying and globally connecting the UAE's knowledge-based economy. We look forward to benefiting from Mubadala's experience and insights from supporting growth journeys across the world," RIL chairman and managing director Mukesh Ambani said.
Mubadala owns electronic chip manufacturing company Global Foundries and has stake in several technology companies like AMD.
It has an investment portfolio across several fields, including petroleum, renewable energy, aerospace, satellite communications, agriculture, healthcare, metals and mining.
"We have seen how Jio has already transformed communications and connectivity in India, and as an investor and partner, we are committed to supporting India's digital growth journey. With Jio's network of investors and partners, we believe that the platform company will further the development of the digital economy," Mubadala Investment Company managing director and Group CEO Khaldoon Al Mubarak said.
Mubadala established its ventures arm in 2017 to partner early with visionary founders and support innovative businesses. Mubadala's Ventures business currently manages several venture funds in the US, Europe and Middle East.
Advertisement(with inputs from wire services)
SEE ALSO:Amazon reportedly wants Airtel stake for $2 billion — and a partnership like Jio-Facebook and possibly, Google-Vodafone Idea
Info Edge share price falls after company reveals dismal performance of Naukri.com and 99acres due to Covid19
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- RBI downgrades FY23 GDP growth projections to 6.8% - lower than World Bank and other global agencies
- RBI hikes repo rate by 35 bps, taking it to 6.25% – Das says bank has ‘Arjuna’s eye’ on inflation
- Indian markets open flat ahead of RBI policy outcome – Vedanta, HDFC AMC, Bikaji Foods among stocks to watch out for
- India is home to a great diversity of faiths: US
- Uniparts India IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status