Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- Reliance chairman Mukesh Ambani has risen the ranks to become the fourth richest person in the world.
- Ambani beats Europe’s richest person Bernard Arnault, the chairman and chief executive of LVMH, which owns the luxury brand, Louis Vuitton.
- Ambani now trails behind Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
AdvertisementReliance Industries’ Chairman Mukesh Ambani has risen the ranks to become the fourth richest person in the world. Ambani beat Europe’s richest person Bernard Arnault, the chairman and chief executive of LVMH, which owns the luxury brand Louis Vuitton.
Ambani now falls behind Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
|Jeff Bezos||$187 billion|
|Bill Gates||$121 billion|
|Mark Zuckerberg||$102 billion|
|Mukesh Ambani||$80.6 billion|
|Bernard Arnault||$80.2 billion|
Reliance share price too has zoomed over 43% since the beginning of the year, despite the Sensex having taken a hit due to the coronavirus pandemic. According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, since January, Ambani has risen 10 positions in the global billionaires ranking.
Ambani’s latest deal with petroleum giant BP of $1 billion had also given him a jump in the rankings earlier.
In the first quarter of the current financial year, Reliance posted a 31% year-on-year rise in profits, despite the crashing oil prices and the coronavirus pandemic.
Ambani has also raised over $20.2 billion from the biggest investors for Jio Platforms since April. His list of marquee investors include Facebook, Google, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR, Mubadala, ADIA, TPG , Saudi PIF, Intel and Qualcomm.
If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
Popular on BI
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD