Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- Reliance chairman Mukesh Ambani has risen the ranks to become the fourth richest person in the world.
- Ambani beats Europe’s richest person Bernard Arnault, the chairman and chief executive of LVMH, which owns the luxury brand, Louis Vuitton.
- Ambani now trails behind Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
AdvertisementReliance Industries’ Chairman Mukesh Ambani has risen the ranks to become the fourth richest person in the world. Ambani beat Europe’s richest person Bernard Arnault, the chairman and chief executive of LVMH, which owns the luxury brand Louis Vuitton.
Ambani now falls behind Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
|Jeff Bezos||$187 billion|
|Bill Gates||$121 billion|
|Mark Zuckerberg||$102 billion|
|Mukesh Ambani||$80.6 billion|
|Bernard Arnault||$80.2 billion|
Reliance share price too has zoomed over 43% since the beginning of the year, despite the Sensex having taken a hit due to the coronavirus pandemic. According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, since January, Ambani has risen 10 positions in the global billionaires ranking.
Ambani’s latest deal with petroleum giant BP of $1 billion had also given him a jump in the rankings earlier.
In the first quarter of the current financial year, Reliance posted a 31% year-on-year rise in profits, despite the crashing oil prices and the coronavirus pandemic.
Ambani has also raised over $20.2 billion from the biggest investors for Jio Platforms since April. His list of marquee investors include Facebook, Google, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR, Mubadala, ADIA, TPG , Saudi PIF, Intel and Qualcomm.
If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%