Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- Reliance chairman Mukesh Ambani has risen the ranks to become the fourth richest person in the world.
- Ambani beats Europe’s richest person Bernard Arnault, the chairman and chief executive of LVMH, which owns the luxury brand, Louis Vuitton.
- Ambani now trails behind Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
Ambani now falls behind Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
|Jeff Bezos||$187 billion|
|Bill Gates||$121 billion|
|Mark Zuckerberg||$102 billion|
|Mukesh Ambani||$80.6 billion|
|Bernard Arnault||$80.2 billion|
Reliance share price too has zoomed over 43% since the beginning of the year, despite the Sensex having taken a hit due to the coronavirus pandemic. According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, since January, Ambani has risen 10 positions in the global billionaires ranking.
Ambani’s latest deal with petroleum giant BP of $1 billion had also given him a jump in the rankings earlier.
In the first quarter of the current financial year, Reliance posted a 31% year-on-year rise in profits, despite the crashing oil prices and the coronavirus pandemic.
Ambani has also raised over $20.2 billion from the biggest investors for Jio Platforms since April. His list of marquee investors include Facebook, Google, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR, Mubadala, ADIA, TPG , Saudi PIF, Intel and Qualcomm.
If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
Popular on BI
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity