Mukesh Ambani's Jio Platforms listed in TIME magazine's 100 most influential companies in the world
As per the TIME magazine, over the past few years,
Now leading investors are turning to Jio Platforms, the holding company for Reliance's digital businesses, to reach its more than 410 million subscribers, it said.
"Last year, Jio raised over $20 billion in capital, a testament to the value and potential of its rapidly growing user base," it said.
This is the first ever list, TIME has come out with regarding the most influential companies in the world. that highlights businesses making an extraordinary impact around the world. To assemble it, TIME solicited nominations across sectors including health care, entertainment, transportation, technology and more from our global network of editors and correspondents, as well as from industry experts.
Further, ed-tech company BYJU'S also has made it to the list.
TIME said that as users of his company's signature
The BYJU'S summer acquisition of
In April, the company announced plans to dramatically expand outside its home base in India, adding one-on-one lessons in the US, the UK, Indonesia, Mexico and Brazil.
BYJU'S also snapped up a leading Indian test-prep school for almost $1 billion. The explosive growth has turned BYJU'S into one of India's most lucrative startups, increasing the company's expected value to $15 billion, up from $5.5 billion in July 2019, it said.
Info Edge shares jump by 2.5% as markets cheer its move to sell ₹750 crore worth shares in the upcoming Zomato IPO
COVID-19 vaccine phase 3: Anxious Indians are complaining of CoWIN and Aarogya Setu registration being delayed
Zomato reveals its much-awaited IPO plan and it’s worth $1.1 billion
Popular on BI
- A boomer moved back to Virginia after living in Florida for a decade. She says she'll 'never own another home' in the Sunshine State and loves the slower pace of life.
- Satellite images reveal Egypt has been quietly building a 16-foot wall on its border with Gaza
- Congressman presses Elon Musk to provide SpaceX satellite services for US defense forces in Taiwan, report says
- Byju's saga: Investors, edtech company battle it out at NCLT
- Market resilience prevails: Sensex-Nifty rally to close higher despite initial slump
- 8 Must try foods to try in Andhra Pradesh
- 10 Foods to avoid during fever for a swift recovery
- Corp affairs ministry probing Chinese cos linked to loan apps; investigations at advanced stages