Health-tech startup Pristyn Care has reportedly fired 300 employees in the last two months
Pristyn Care, a Gurugram-based health-tech startup, has reportedly laid off 300 employees.
- The company has recently fired 45 employees, citing underperformance.
- Pristyn Care is backed by investors such as
Sequoia Capitaland Tiger Global.
AdvertisementGurugram-based health-tech startup Pristyn Care is the latest to join the list of companies laying off its workforce. In its latest round of layoffs, the company has fired 45 employees. The layoff wave has been arriving in ripples across the Indian companies after affecting thousands in the global market, including big names like Twitter, Meta, among many others.
According to a report by Inc42, the Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global-backed health-tech firm has fired around 300 employees across departments in the last two months.
What does Pristyn Care do?
Pristyn Care is a health-tech company founded in 2018 by Dr
The company has so far raised $177 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, Winter Capital and others.
15% of employees laid off
The fired employees make up around 15% of the company’s total workforce. The fired employees were junior and mid-level employees working in sales, administration, city teams, and others.
The company has claimed that it has fired only 45 employees, and they were let-go due to underperformance.
"We have a comprehensive performance evaluation process that helps us understand the efficiency levels across the board. This is a regular process and we found around 45 employees across the organization who were performing consistently below expectations and we had to part ways," a Pristyn Care spokesperson told Inc42.
The company has, however, denied claims about a mass layoff and has claimed that it has hired over 300 employees in the last four months.
The layoffs come at a time when the company is reportedly scaling down its international expansion segment focused on medical tourism. The segment reportedly failed to generate sufficient revenue.
Pristyn Care is not the only healthcare startup that has laid off employees. Companies like PharmEasy, MediBuddy, and Innovaccer have recently announced layoffs.
You are not safe from air pollution anywhere in the world, finds a new study
Wedding bells ring in 16% rise in February auto sales, 2 wheeler sales yet to hit pre-pandemic levels: FADA
These two Indian brands have together sold more smartwatches than Samsung in 2022
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- Adani Group repays loans worth $2.65 bn to complete prepayment programme
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the red amid volatility: Adani group, SBI Cards, Indigo among stocks to watch
- Henkel doubles down on India as hair care market at an inflection point – to evaluate laundry segment later
- IKIO Lighting IPO opens today: 10 things to know before you subscribe
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023