Surgical care startup Pristyn Care is the 42nd startup to be valued over a billion dollars in India this year
- The company has raised around $85 million from Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global.
Pristyn Carehad raised $53 million in April 2021 at a $550 million valuation.
- The company has partnered with 400 hospitals across 30 cities to provide surgeries and treatment.
AdvertisementGurugram-based healthcare startup Pristyn Care, which offers affordable advanced
A unicorn, in startup parlance, is a company valued over a billion dollars.
According to Pristyn Care’s regulatory filings, the company has raised around $85 million in a Series E round. Marquee investors Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, Hummingbird Opportunity Fund and Amber Winter participated in the round.
This is expected to be a part of a larger funding round.
As per Entrackr’s calculations, the company has raised this capital at a post money valuation of $1.3 billion. However, the source mentioned above said that the valuation may differ.
Pristyn Care had raised $53 million, in April 2021, led by Tiger Global at a $550 million valuation. The company has planned to use this capital to expand into new geographies and new surgery specialties.
The company’s previous press note had highlighted that it plans on conducting 80,000 surgeries and adding 200-300 more employees to its team this year.
Pristyn Care was founded in 2018 by Harsimarbir Singh, Vaibhav Kapoor and Garima Sawhney. The company has partnered with 400 hospitals across 30 cities to provide surgeries and treatment for proctology, urology, ENT, vascular, gynaecology and more.
The Gurugram-based company had reported a revenue of ₹25.78 crore in fiscal year 2020, with losses touching ₹33 crore. It has reported a profit of ₹2 lakh in FY2019 and revenue of ₹3.43 crore.
The healthtech startup has close to 200 full-time surgeons who performed 20,000 surgeries in 2020.
AdvertisementPristyn Care is the 42nd startup to be valued over a billion dollars and enter the unicorn club in India in 2021. Other entries into the unicorn club include social media platform ShareChat, credit card payments platform CRED, merchant payments platform BharatPe and on-demand service platform Urban Company.
Zoho, Freshworks and top Indian SaaS companies have given 500 entrepreneurs to the Indian startup ecosystem
Humanoid robot Sophia is entering the metaverse with ‘intelligent’ NFTs
Six charts explain what the market expects from the RBI’s monetary policy review
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says