Pyajama naada to hangover shots among things Indians need in 10 mins, according to Zepto
- Anti-hangover shots, hoola hoops and Gangajal were some unusual items Indians searched for, to be delivered via
online grocery app.
- Daily essentials like milk, bread, butter, curd and onion were the most searched items on
- The platform got about 120 orders per minute for ice-cream, chips and soft drinks.
- Diapers outsold condoms by over three times, on the platform.
While these were exceptions, daily essentials like milk, bread, butter, curd and onion were amongst the top most searched items in 2022, on the app which promises to deliver goods within ten minutes.
The most popular items however remained comfort foods like ice-cream and chips. The platform got about 120 orders per minute for ice-cream, chips and soft drinks. And another a hundred orders per minute for juices, salads, and organic foods.
A user from Mumbai placed as many as 1,988 orders last year in 2022 — which is the highest number of orders.
“2022 has been a thrilling year for Zepto. We are proud to have delivered every customer promise with excellence- be it consistency in delivery times, product and tech experience, the quality of our assortment, and introducing new categories and products that excite and cater to every big or small customer need,” said
3 diapers sold per every condom
While groceries continue to be the most ordered category, there’s been a steady growth in home utility, hygiene, self-care and electronics segments as well on Zepto.
The platform also discovered a few interesting buying habits of Indians. For instance, the platform sold three diapers for every condom every day. The demand for ice-cream in summers was equivalent to that in winters, and four tons of meat items were sold everyday.
“We’re also focussing on making their entire experience – right from placing orders to receiving the deliveries – as seamless as possible. It is humbling to see so many Indian customers make the best use of Zepto’s offerings through orders for all their needs – no matter how distinct,” says Amritansu Nanda, chief marketing officer at Zepto.
In 2022, the highest value of a particular order from Noida peaked at over ₹23,000, while a customer from Mumbai cumulatively spent close to ₹9 lakh on Zepto orders throughout the year.
Ajay Devgn’s Rudra, Akshay Kumar’s Cuttputli among most-watched OTT originals in 2022
Retail inflation falls to one year low of 5.72% in December
Popular on BI
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley