Tesla teams up with Samsung in a $436 million deal to equip its Cybertruck with cameras
According to a report in
Samsung's camera modules will be used by Tesla's latest electric vehicle that was unveiled in November 2019, the reports claimed.
The prototype vehicle showcased on stage wasn't equipped with conventional rearview mirrors, but instead, it used an array of cameras connected to the dashboard's displays.
The production model shouldn't be all that different from the original prototype and these reports further confirm that the Cybertruck will have a mirrorless design.
The partnership between the two companies isn't new.
Earlier, Samsung has supplied Tesla with other EV-related technologies before, including batteries, and reports indicate that the new PixCell LED headlamp developed by Samsung will also be used by Tesla for its future EVs.
Tesla is believed to have close to 1 million reservations for the Cybertruck at this point.
Musk has confirmed that the Tesla Cybertruck will be equipped with a 4-wheel directional steering, resulting in a feature similar to the
AdvertisementSEE ALSO -
A startup which helps you become a makeup artist raises seed funding from Sequoia's Surge
Chinese e-commerce app Shein will re-enter the Indian market with Amazon, but as a seller this time
Popular on BI
- Pollution cost nine million lives across the globe in 2019, India tops the list: Lancet
- Here are the top 10 companies in India as per market value after the LIC IPO
- India falls four spots on fixed broadband speed globally; goes from 72nd to 76th rank in April
- Vivo X80 5G vs Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G: Which one should you buy?
- Most Indian get at least five spam calls per day and this is how they are handling them