Tesla teams up with Samsung in a $436 million deal to equip its Cybertruck with cameras
According to a report in
Samsung's camera modules will be used by Tesla's latest electric vehicle that was unveiled in November 2019, the reports claimed.
AdvertisementThe prototype vehicle showcased on stage wasn't equipped with conventional rearview mirrors, but instead, it used an array of cameras connected to the dashboard's displays.
The production model shouldn't be all that different from the original prototype and these reports further confirm that the Cybertruck will have a mirrorless design.
The partnership between the two companies isn't new.
Earlier, Samsung has supplied Tesla with other EV-related technologies before, including batteries, and reports indicate that the new PixCell LED headlamp developed by Samsung will also be used by Tesla for its future EVs.
Tesla is believed to have close to 1 million reservations for the Cybertruck at this point.
Musk has confirmed that the Tesla Cybertruck will be equipped with a 4-wheel directional steering, resulting in a feature similar to the
SEE ALSO -
A startup which helps you become a makeup artist raises seed funding from Sequoia's Surge
Chinese e-commerce app Shein will re-enter the Indian market with Amazon, but as a seller this time
Popular on BI
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Dolce & Gabbana want to make Elon Musk the ‘King of Crypto’ — but only if he can shell out more than ₹3.8 crore for the ‘Doge Crown’
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns