‘United Health Interface will do to service delivery what UPI did to payments’
- UHI is a network that can enable interoperability in health services.
UHIenabled applications, patients can discover, book, conduct and pay for services via an application of their choice.
- e-RUPI is a new fintech initiative for instant payment to healthcare service providers in the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
A foundational layer of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) stack, UHI is a network of open protocols that can enable interoperability in health services. Through UHI enabled applications, patients can discover, book, conduct and pay for services offered by a variety of participating providers via an app of their choice.
“UHI facilitates the ease of doing business for health care service providers by granting them access to a large number of users, through the medium of a common platform. This paradigm shift in healthcare delivery also gives rise to a sea of opportunities for the emerging HealthTech ecosystem” said Dr Sharma.
Some of the services that will be included in UHI are teleconsultation, lab booking and ambulance services.
The healthcare system is also working on enabling payments via e-RUPI, as part of a fintech initiative for instant payment to healthcare service providers - under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, a government funded health insurance scheme.
e-RUPI is a person and purpose specific digital instrument based on the architecture of UPI. It’s a one-time, cashless, contactless prepaid digital voucher which can be availed through an SMS or QR Code. It can be redeemed without a card, digital payments app, or internet banking access.
“e-RUPI will have myriad use cases: to start with, health, nutrition, education and agriculture are just a few areas that are going to benefit from it. A number of states have already started using e-RUPI for various benefit delivery programmes in their states,” Dr Sharma added.
It was launched by
Dr Sharma believes that it is time that we innovate new products in the fintech industry which could be combined with healthtech for an affordable, scalable and accessible digital healthcare ecosystem.
IFTA 2022 is a fintech event hosted by
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: Urban Company grants shares worth Rs 5.2 cr to 497 gig workers
Indonesia relaunches multiple entry visa that was deactivated during the pandemic
Tips to make Whatsapp more private and secure
Popular on BI
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala