Zomato IPO gets oversubscribed by 38 times
- Zomato launched the IPO with a price band of ₹72-76.
Qualified Institutional Buyersbid for 2,013 crore shares.
- It had raised ₹4,197 crore from 186 anchor investors on Tuesday.
Food delivery firm Zomato launched its much-awaited initial public offering (IPO) on Wednesday, and it has been oversubscribed by 38 times. By 5 p.m., on July 16, the issue had attracted bids for 2,751 crore compared to the issue size of 71.9 crore shares.
View all Offers
View all Offers
Wipro Furniture Arena Wood;Engineering Wood Office Desk; Study Desk(Beech Finish,Beech)₹ 12499₹ 18200Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Halley 3 Seater Sofa cum Bed with Storage (Fabric, Grey)₹ 19049₹ 31500Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alen 5 Seater Fabric LHS L Shape Sofa Set (Blue)₹ 27999₹ 39000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alen 6 Seater Fabric LHS L Shape Sofa Set (Brown)₹ 29999₹ 42000Buy On
- 61% OFF
Coirfit Jute Fabric Washable Cover 3 Seater Folding Sofa Cum Bed (Grey, 5' X 6' Feet)₹ 8769₹ 17271Buy On
According to BSE data, the shares allocated for the Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIBs) bid for 2,013 crore shares. This is 51 times higher than 38.8 crore Zomato had reserved for this segment.
The shares allocated for non-institutional investors were subscribed by 32 times and shares meant for employees were subscribed by 62%. Retail Individual Investors (
Zomato had raised ₹4,197 crore from 186 anchor investors on Tuesday, July 13. Reports suggest that the issue got about 30-35 times more bids from anchor investors than it intended to sell in the first place. The company had allotted 55.22 crore equity shares to these anchor investors for ₹76 per equity shares.
Several marquee investors were allotted more than 2% of the anchor book. This included the Government of Singapore, Morgan Stanley Investment Fund,
The food aggregator business intended to raise ₹9,375 crore with this IPO. About ₹9,000 crore will be a fresh issue and ₹375 crore will be a secondary issue by InfoEdge. The company will open its IPO for retail investors on Wednesday, July 14, at 10 a.m., at a price band of ₹72-76.
Amazon acquires Facebook's satellite internet team, bolstering its efforts to compete with SpaceX
SoftBank-Swiggy deal gets CCI approval, two days before Zomato IPO
Payments firm MobiKwik files for ₹1,900 crore IPO, reportedly to seek $1 billion valuation
Popular on BI
- Qualcomm's new iSIM tech could bring better connectivity options to wearables, laptops, tablets and IoT devices
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best last day deals on mobile phones, laptops and more electronics
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Instagram launches subscriptions to help creators monetise their content
- Sensex falls over 160 points in early trade, Nifty slips below 17,900 — Infosys, Asian Paints, HCL Tech, Reliance Industries, Wipro, HDFC and TCS