An Indian startup with a capital of ₹5 lakh, made ₹18 crore in just over a year
Flo Mattressaims to make good quality mattresses available across India.
- To achieve this, Flo Mattress has tested over 130 different combinations of foam to arrive at the perfect combination.
- Buyers also get a 100-night free trial and 10-year warranty.
AdvertisementIndians are embracing online shopping more than ever. And it is covering products which earlier needed a physical examination before purchase - like mattresses.
Mattresses also need customization in terms of fabric, size and more. In spite of that, they can still be a gamble. But, a Mumbai based startup is offering buyers a 100-night free trial and 10-year warranty.
Flo Mattress also claims to have re-engineered the supply chain to bring down the cost of high-quality mattresses. It also sells directly to consumers, cutting out the middlemen.
Flo Mattress which was co-founded by Gaurav Zatakia and Kshitij Rihal, claims that this strategy has helped it cut costs by 50%.
From nowhere to ₹18 crore in revenue in just over a year
Starting from ground zero, the company clocked in ₹18 crore in revenue in just over a year of its operations. The startup which kickstarted operations in 2018, sold over 10,000 Flo Mattresses across India - including in tier 3 and tier 4 cities.
In its second year, Flo Mattress claims that it is selling over 2,000 mattresses per month with a growth rate of 10-15%.
The perfect combination
But it is not just convenience that have to offer. They also managed to crack the formula of a good quality mattress. Its co-founders tested over 130 different combinations of foam to arrive at the perfect combination. They currently offer two variants – ergo and ortho.
The ortho variant is aimed at people who have back issues. It has high resilience foam on the top that offers support. The ergo variant is softer and comes with a memory foam on the top that takes the shape of the body.
Both the variants come with a Cashmere fabric cover that pulls the heat away from the body.
AdvertisementFlo Mattress wants to go ahead and capture the length and breadth of the sleep market. It plans to launch a pillow with adjustable thickness in the coming months. It also wants to foray into blankets, bedsheets and protectors.
These are the unusual, colorful slides that mattress startup Casper is using to convince IPO investors that it can capitalize on the $432 billion 'sleep economy'
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- No stay on investigation against Ashneer Grover and wife in BharatPe fraud case
- Kia India sales up 3% in May at 24,770 units
- Ather announces new e-scooter '450S' with 3 kWh battery pack
- India's manufacturing sector hits 31-month high growth in May
- Coal India OFS: Institutional buyers portion oversubscribed but stock falls