Livspace earmarks $100 mn to invest in D2C brands in home segment
Livspacecurrently has operations in over 45 cities across Southeast Asia, India, and the Middle-east region.
- The company said it has witnessed over 100 per cent growth in the last six months and 400 per cent over the last two years.
- Singapore-based Livspace aims to create multiple home interiors and renovation solutions.
Home interiors and renovation platform Livspace on Monday said it has earmarked $100 million to invest and incubate new offerings and brands in the direct-to-consumer (D2C) market in the home interiors and renovation segment.
With this money, Singapore-based Livspace aims to create multiple home interiors and renovation solutions and D2C offerings which serve homeowners across various segments in its markets across India, South-east Asia and the Middle-East region.
"As we continue to scale across new segments in existing geographies and enter new regional markets, we are looking for successful businesses and like-minded entrepreneurs that help us scale even faster," said
"In line with this, we will aggressively and methodically pursue a build-or-buy strategy to create the maximum value for the ecosystem and deliver the best experience to our customers and ecosystem partners," he added.
Livspace has deployed part of the allocated capital in acquiring a majority stake in companies such as
It is looking at investing in content destinations, direct-to-consumer interior brands and D2C private labels. The strategy will be spearheaded by Ankit Shah, Chief Strategy Officer, Livspace.
"The capital and resource allocation strategy will help our business scale faster across markets, grow our margin stack further and create strong defensible moats," Shah said.
Livspace currently has operations in over 45 cities across Southeast Asia, India, and the Middle-east region.
The company said it has witnessed over 100 per cent growth in the last six months and 400 per cent over the last two years.
Livspace has raised around $450 million in capital from some of the top global investors including KKR,
SEE ALSO: MS Dhoni launches camera drone Droni in partnership with Garuda Aerospace
This World Mental Health Day, let's unlock the behavioural effects of lockdown
Mulayam Singh Yadav: The Dhartiputra of national politics
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore
- Top 5 places to visit in Lonavala
- Meet the heroes of Chennai Super Kings’ who helped Dhoni lift IPL 2023
- Flex space demand on the rise as hybrid work model finds footing: Colliers