After Facebook, Google is looking to invest in Meesho
According to a TechCrunch report, "Google has held discussions to invest over $50 million in Indian social commerce startup Meesho".
When reached, Meesho declined to immediately comment on the report.
Google, which has pledged to invest $10 billion in India, currently backs Indian startups like DailyHunt, Glance and others.
Meesho has Facebook, SoftBank, Sequoia Capital India, Y Combinator and others as its investors.
In April this year, Meesho raised $300 million (over Rs 2,200 crore) in a new round of funding led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2, taking its valuation to $2.1 billion.
"We are focused on expanding our vision -- from helping aspiring women entrepreneurs to creating Meesho as a single ecosystem that will enable all small businesses in India to succeed online," said Vidit Aatrey, Founder and CEO of Meesho.
The company had said it has delivered orders from more than 100,000 registered suppliers to over 26,000 pin codes in more than 4,800 cities, generating over 500 crore in income for individual entrepreneurs.
H&M is partnering with a building materials company to achieve its sustainability goals. Here's a look at how they work together.
S&P 500 hits record high in 7th straight winning session amid strong earnings
WeWork gains 13% in long-awaited trading debut 2 years after failed IPO attempt
Popular on BI
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Air India's progress has been 'nothing short of stunning': CEO Campbell Wilson
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a positive note amid positive global cues: Adani Enterprises, Tata Motors, Bajaj Finance among stocks in focus
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards
- Equal-weight index: For diversified investments with low volatility