Ashneer Grover mocks former SBI chairperson and BharatPe CEO's ability to run fintech business
Ashneer Grover, along with his wife Madhuri Jain, are not part of BharatPeanymore due to alleged "misappropriation of company funds". Rajnish Kumar, former chairperson of State Bank of India ( SBI), was appointed as the chairperson of BharatPe last year.
- Grover has alleged that BharatPe closed the January-March quarter with ‘degrowth’ and ‘maximum cash burn’.
AdvertisementFormer cofounder and managing director of BharatPe, Ashneer Grover, on Thursday once again hit at the board members of the fintech company, saying snatching the keys and running a corner shop are two different skill-sets.
Grover was stripped of all company titles, last month, over alleged "extensive misappropriation of company funds" and using "company expense accounts" to "enrich themselves and fund their lavish lifestyles".
"So I just heard @bharatpeindia closed its first quarter of 'degrowth' and 'maximum cash burn' under able (sic) leadership of Rajnish Kumar and
Rajnish Kumar is the former chairperson of State Bank of India (SBI). He has over four decades of experience in the Indian banking industry. During his tenure, SBI focused on its digital drive with the introduction of the “You Only Need One” platform. He was also in-charge of managing the bailout of Yes Bank of 2020.
Kumar was appointed as the chairperson of BharatPe last year.
Suhail Sameer, the current chief executive officer (CEO) of BharatPe, too comes with over two decades of experience. He has been a managing partner at investment firms like OTP Venture Partners and RPSG Ventures. He also led Guiltfree Industries Limited as a CEO.
Grover, also a popular judge on the reality show Shark Tank India, has accused
After reports surfaced that government regulators may expand their probe into BharatPe's financial books after the Ashneer-Madhuri Jain saga, the fintech platform said last month it will fully comply with the law of the land.
The company sacked Ashneer's wife Madhuri Jain after the probe found misappropriation of funds during her time as head of controls, while Ashneer quit as BharatPe accused him, his wife and their relatives of being engaged in extensive misappropriation of company funds and grossly abusing company money to fund their lavish lifestyles.
Amid the Ashneer Grover-BharatPe tussle, the fintech platform's cofounder Shashvat Nakrani had said that the whole episode is an aberration and not the norm and the company will turn this crisis into an opportunity.
Advertisement(With inputs from IANS)
Gautam Adani is now the sixth richest person in the world
IDFC Bank, HDFC Bank, Titan among trending stocks to watch out for on April 7
Byju’s, Swiggy, Dream11 and Ola are among the highest valued startups in India
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report