Ashneer Grover's new startup CrickPe is a fantasy sports app that will also reward cricketers
- BharatPe cofounder
Ashneer Groverhas launched CrickPe, a fantasy sportsapp.
- CrickPe focuses on cricket and has been launched ahead of the Indian Premier League.
- Grover has said that crickets will also receive a part of the amount in the pot.
AdvertisementBharatPe cofounder Ashneer Grover has announced a new app, CrickPe, a fantasy sports app, under his new venture Third Unicorn Pvt Ltd. This comes just ahead of the Indian Premier League, which is scheduled to begin on March 31.
With the launch of CrickPe, Grover has entered the fantasy sports arena, which is dominated by the likes of Dream11, My11Circle, Mobile Premier League (MPL), and others.
Grover has claimed that CrickPe is the biggest revolution in cricket since IPL. “Biggest revolution in Cricket since
CRICKPE ! Biggest revolution in Cricket since IPL - only fantasy game paying cricketers for performance ! Where… https://t.co/zLUWMvmCqN— Ashneer Grover (@Ashneer_Grover) 1679584568000
10% of pot to go to cricketers
As mentioned in the tweet, CrickPe will provide a part of the total pot, which is the total amount added by all the contestants to actual cricketers playing in the IPL.
In a Linkedin post, Grover clarified the amount distribution model. In this post, he claimed that 80% of the pot would go to the winners, 10% to the cricketers, and 10% to CrickPe.
At the moment, it is known how the company plans on paying the cricketers and whether the Board of Control has approved this for Cricket in India (BCCI), the national governing body for cricket in the country.
Who can play on the CrickPe app?
The CrickPe app is available for people above the age of 18 years. Users will have the option to participate in free games or pay money to play in paid contests. Paid contests will offer large cash prizes and other gifts, such as cars and other products.
Send rewards of up to ₹1 lakh to cricketers
CrickPe will reportedly also allow users to send rewards of up to ₹1 lakh in a financial year to cricketers, who can either accept or decline the reward.
You will soon lose your legacy blue tick on Twitter – here’s everything you need to know
ChatGPT Plus subscription launched in India – price, benefits, and more
IPL 2023: Jio introduces new cricket plans providing 3GB data per day
Popular on BI
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- All 81 movies based on Marvel comics, ranked according to critics
- EY and Deloitte are scrutinizing staff workloads and quietly letting some workers go, report says
- ABB India shares zoom over 9% after earnings announcement
- Jungle Ventures infuses another $20 mn in Indian ice cream brand Walko Food
- Fintech personal loans log 62% of sanction volumes in FY24 first half in India: FACE report
- Byju's rights issue to raise $200 million fully subscribed
- Ukraine war: West is at a crossroads - double down on aid, accept compromise deal, or face humiliation