Indian edtech startup BYJU’S may be worth $15 billion in another week
- BYJU’S, which is already the world’s most valued edtech company, is in talks to raise as much as $700 million in another funding round.
- The latest news comes as BYJU’S has already raised $1.2 billion in 2020, and the company’s last reported valuation was $12 billion.
- BYJU’S is reportedly going to use the funds for further acquisitions.
The development was first reported by Entrackr.
The latest news comes as BYJU’S has already raised $1.2 billion in 2020, and the company’s last reported valuation was $12 billion.
|Investment co.||Amount||Funding in 2020|
|Tiger Global||$200 million||January|
|General Atlantic||$200 million||February|
|DST Global||$122 million||August|
|Silver Lake||$500 million||September|
|T Rowe, BlockRock||$200 million||November|
BYJU’S is reportedly going to use the funds for further acquisitions. The 10-year old company, founded by Byju Raveendran, is set to acquire offline coaching institute Aakash Educational Services for a whopping $1 billion. If the deal goes through, it will become one of the biggest edtech deals in the world.
While BYJU'S hasn’t made any comments on the matter, Aakash Educational Services Limited (AESL) had confirmed that it is in talks with Byju's for building a strong partnership. "Putting these speculations to rest, we would like to state that AESL is on a mission to build India's largest digitally-enabled, omni-channel education company. We will accelerate our digital transformation and deliver phenomenal value to our students. We will rapidly expand our omni channel & digital offerings, as we embark on the next trajectory of quality education & growth," the company had said in January.
BYJU’S claims to have as many as 80 million users and 5.5 million annual paid subscriptions.
India’s vaccine king Adar Poonawalla will pay $69,000 a week to live on the same neighbourhood as Winston Churchill once did
Dream11 parent co raises $400 million from Netflix, Airbnb investor – valuation doubles to $5 billion
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Realme GT Neo 2 vs OnePlus Nord 2: Price, specs and features compared
- Titan, Kalyan Jewellers and other jewellery stocks rally in last one month on high bullion prices
- This Motilal Oswal-backed startup is planning to issue a million credit-based cards in the next 150 days relying on its $2 billion loan book
- Tata Nexon EV electrifies its launch campaign with Spotify India
- Top ten grocery brands in India: YouGov Report