Credit Fair, which offers loans to Indians without credit score, has raised $15 million in seed
- The round was led by angel investors Anand Ladsariya and Alok Aggarwal.
- The company offers small to large ticket size loans ranging between ₹10,000 to ₹20 lakh.
- It has also partnered with
upGrad, Nova IVF, Design Cafe, Asian Paints, Arrivae, and Hero Electric.
The round was led by two seasoned angel investors, chief executive (CEO) of Everest Flavours Anand Ladsariya and
Credit Fair was founded in 2018 by Aditya Damani to offer financial solutions to Indians from remote parts of the country. The company offers small to large ticket size loans, ranging between ₹10,000 to ₹20 lakh, for a tenure of three months to three years.
The company is also a financial partner to several companies like upGrad, Nova IVF, Design Cafe, Asian Paints, Arrivae, Hero Electric and Ampere by Greaves to name a few. The company was founded in 2018 by Aditya Damani to offer financial solutions to Indians from remote parts of the country.
Credit Fair plans to use this funding for building its technology team, enhancing underwriting models and expanding into Tier 2 and 3 cities. It will also look to scale its assets under management by sharpening its focus on financing upskilling courses, healthcare needs, down payment assistance for homeowners and financing for electric two and three-wheelers.
“Our venture aims to financially empower Indians from remote areas or those without a credit score who traditionally comprise some of the most unbanked and underserved segments across the country. To this end, we are extending credit across key sectors that are crucial for improving India’s social infrastructure, especially in these COVID times... We will utilise the funding to accelerate our advance towards creating a financially inclusive future for Bharat,” Damani said in a press statement.
According to a Statista report, digital lending is the fastest-growing segment in the fintech industry globally. It has grown from $9 billion in 2012 to $110 billion in 2019, and is poised to be valued around $350 billion by 2023.
Amazon acquires Facebook's satellite internet team, bolstering its efforts to compete with SpaceX
SoftBank-Swiggy deal gets CCI approval, two days before Zomato IPO
Payments firm MobiKwik files for ₹1,900 crore IPO, reportedly to seek $1 billion valuation
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life