Edtech giant upGrad buys a recruitment firm – pitting it against the likes of Naukri.com
edtechstartup upGradhas acquired a recruitmentand staffing solutions firm Rekrut India.
- The acquisition will make way for learners on upGrad to take advantage of Rekrut’s hiring network.
- Even with the 100% acquisition, the Mumbai-based recruitment firm will continue to operate separately.
The acquisition will make way for learners on upGrad to take advantage of Rekrut’s hiring network.
“Rekrut will now open the floodgate of career opportunities for upGrad learners. Hence, we are thrilled to announce the onboarding of the team, a significant step in making upGrad a career powerhouse for professionals. This move is integrally aligned with our company’s vision of powering career success for every member of the global workforce as their trusted lifelong learning partner,” said upGrad co-founders
The Mumbai-based recruitment firm will continue to operate separately. “The upGrad-Rekrut synergy will disrupt the ecosystem and build an end-to-end supply chain of manpower, where Rekrut is the demand partner providing cutting-edge jobs and upGrad will supply the highly skilled, and future-ready talent,” said, Ajay Shah, Managing Director, Rekrut.
The latest acquisition is a part of the Mergers and Acquisitions strategy by the edtech firm. Last month, the startup had acquired Bengaluru-based The Gate Academy for an undisclosed amount. The startup had then said that there were many acquisitions lined up in the allied fields of higher education.
upGrad had recently raised a ₹50 crore debt fund from IIFL Asset Management. The startup now expects a ₹1,200 crore annual run rate with profitability and also expects a 100% increase in repeat enrollments in the portal.
Steadview Capital invests in SoftBank-backed logistics unicorn Delhivery – founder eyes an IPO in the next 15 months
Another unicorn – Indian SaaS startup Zenoti enters the coveted club with a $160 million funding
- Covid-19 test mandatory for guests attending Varun Dhawan's wedding
- First confirmed case of COVID-19 in pet reported in South Korea
- All iPhone 13 models to come with sensor-shift camera stabilisation, says report
- Realty sector seeks sops in upcoming Union budget
- NITMA urges to raise custom duty on man-made yarns by 10% in upcoming Union Budget