French President Emmanuel Macron’s residence gets Bengaluru startup’s CoronaOven – which sanitizes everything in 10 minutes
- Bengaluru-based startup Log 9 Materials has built a ‘
CoronaOven’ in which you can sanitizemasks, PPE kits, groceries and more in just ten minutes.
- The startup has partnered with Versailles, France-headquartered SSI Group – a conglomerate dealing in surveillance and security solutions.
- And one of its CoronaOvens is set to be placed at Élysée Palace, the President of France
Emmanuel Macron’s official residence.
Through this partnership, Log9 is now getting orders from France. And one of its CoronaOvens is set to be placed at Élysée Palace, the President of France Emmanuel Macron’s official residence.
In the ‘CoronaOven’ you can sanitize masks, PPE kits, groceries and more in just ten minutes. The product uses UV-C light (based upon the scientific principle of UltraViolet Germicidal Irradiation) to kill coronaviruses and other pathogens within 10 minutes, after an object is placed inside the box for disinfection.
AdvertisementThe battery-operated and plug-in device will be as easy to use as a microwave. The nanotechnology start-up has also applied for a patent for the product. It hopes that with this - masks, PPE kits can be reused instead of being thrown away after use.
Akshay Singhal, Founder & CEO, Log 9 Materials said that they recently got the CE mark certification for our product, and are currently receiving queries for CoronaOven from several European countries.
“Some institutional buyers from Canada are also in the process of buying the product samples, and our next port of call shall be the US market,” said Singhal.
Log9 had also recently partnered with the Indian Institute of Science - Bangalore to carry out further research and optimization for the ‘CoronaOven'.
Tired of sanitizing groceries? This Bengaluru startup built a ‘CoronaOven’ that can disinfect everything in less than 10 minutes
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down