Indian grooming startup Bombay Shaving Company gets ₹45 crore investment from Dettol maker Reckitt Benckiser
Bombay Shaving Co.
Reckitt Benckiser(RB), the British consumer goods giant, has invested ₹45 crore in Bombay Shaving Company’s parent firm Visage Lines Personal Care.
- Earlier, the startup had raised funds from Colgate Palmolive among others.
- Having started off as a men’s grooming company, the startup had last year also ventured into women’s grooming products.
AdvertisementReckitt Benckiser (RB), the British consumer goods giant, has invested ₹45 crore in Bombay Shaving Company’s parent firm Visage Lines Personal Care. Through the investment, RB’s Vice President Arjun Purkayastha, will now sit on the board of Visage Lines.
Earlier, the startup had raised funds from Colgate Palmolive, Sixth Sense Ventures and others.
The current investment round also saw participation from multiple High Net-worth individuals including Rajesh Sud from Bharti Enterprises, Anjali Bansal founder of Avaana Capital, and Kuldeep Jain, Managing Director of CleanMax Energy.
Having started off as a men’s grooming company, the startup had last year also ventured into women’s grooming products.
The five-year old startup is competing with the likes of Marico-acquired Beardo in the grooming industry. Bombay Shaving Company currently has over 2 million users, and with the fund infusion from RB hopes to achieve global scale.
“RB is a diamond addition to our journey. They have an excellent record in building health and wellness brands over their 200-years heritage. Working in partnership, our young team is ambitious for what we can achieve together and scale our operations with an omnichannel presence.” said Shantanu Deshpande, founder CEO of Visage Lines.
The startup had also appointed Bollywood star Kartik Aaryan as its brand ambassador in 2020.
OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei launches a new consumer tech company and it's literally called Nothing
Popular on BI
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- DGCA slaps ₹10L fine on Go Air for leaving behind 55 passengers at B'luru airport
- Vedanta Q3 net profit drops 41% on higher input costs
- ED attaches 32 properties worth ₹70 crore in fraudulent TDS refund case
- RRR surpasses Cruise’s Top Gun 2 & Spielberg’s The Fabelmans in the top 10 movies of 2022
- Weekend OTTs: Ayushmann Khurrana’s ‘An Action Hero’ to ghost hunts with ‘Lockwood and Co’