Indian grooming startup Bombay Shaving Company gets ₹45 crore investment from Dettol maker Reckitt Benckiser
Bombay Shaving Co.
Reckitt Benckiser(RB), the British consumer goods giant, has invested ₹45 crore in Bombay Shaving Company’s parent firm Visage Lines Personal Care.
- Earlier, the startup had raised funds from Colgate Palmolive among others.
- Having started off as a men’s grooming company, the startup had last year also ventured into women’s grooming products.
AdvertisementReckitt Benckiser (RB), the British consumer goods giant, has invested ₹45 crore in Bombay Shaving Company’s parent firm Visage Lines Personal Care. Through the investment, RB’s Vice President Arjun Purkayastha, will now sit on the board of Visage Lines.
Earlier, the startup had raised funds from Colgate Palmolive, Sixth Sense Ventures and others.
The current investment round also saw participation from multiple High Net-worth individuals including Rajesh Sud from Bharti Enterprises, Anjali Bansal founder of Avaana Capital, and Kuldeep Jain, Managing Director of CleanMax Energy.
Having started off as a men’s grooming company, the startup had last year also ventured into women’s grooming products.
The five-year old startup is competing with the likes of Marico-acquired Beardo in the grooming industry. Bombay Shaving Company currently has over 2 million users, and with the fund infusion from RB hopes to achieve global scale.
“RB is a diamond addition to our journey. They have an excellent record in building health and wellness brands over their 200-years heritage. Working in partnership, our young team is ambitious for what we can achieve together and scale our operations with an omnichannel presence.” said Shantanu Deshpande, founder CEO of Visage Lines.
The startup had also appointed Bollywood star Kartik Aaryan as its brand ambassador in 2020.
OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei launches a new consumer tech company and it's literally called Nothing
Popular on BI
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani