Lee Fixel’s India comeback – former Tiger Global head leads a $35 million round in Inshorts for its social media app Public
Lee Fixelis leading a $35 million round in Inshortsthrough his recently launched investment firm Addition.
- Inshorts has raised the latest funding from Addition, SIG Global and Tanglin Venture Partners, and the investment is for their social media app – Public.
- Public, available in various Indian languages offers its users content, updates on jobs, classifieds and more.
Lee Fixel, the former
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 48% OFF
Pigeon by Stovekraft Amaze Plus Electric Kettle with Stainless Steel Body, 1.5 litres boiler for Water, instant noodles, soup etc.₹ 625₹ 1195Buy On
- 65% OFF
Glun Multipurpose Portable Electronic Digital Weighing Scale Weight Machine (10 Kg - with Back Light)₹ 349₹ 999Buy On
- 36% OFF
Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS - 1500watts, Steel (1.5Ltr), Black₹ 799₹ 1245Buy On
- 67% OFF
VR 18 Pcs - 3 Different Size Plastic Food Snack Bag Pouch Clip Sealer Large, Medium, Small Plastic Snack Seal Sealing Bag Clips Vacuum Sealer (Set of 18, Multi-Color) (Multicolor)₹ 99₹ 299Buy On
- 31% OFF
Usha EI 1602 1000-Watt Lightweight Dry Iron (multi-colour)₹ 549₹ 800Buy On
The latest investment comes from his newly launched fund Addition. Fixel has raised $1.3 billion for his fund Addition through which he will invest in multi-stage startups, he told Forbes in August.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUIn India, Fixel is credited for Tiger Global’s biggest investment here – Flipkart and for being an investor who didn’t wait around to hand out cheques. Tiger Global made $3.5 billion from the Walmart-Flipkart deal.
AdvertisementInshorts funds will go to its social media app Public
Inshorts has raised the latest funding from Addition, SIG Global and Tanglin Venture Partners, and the investment is for their social media app – Public. "With more than 50 million active users and over one million videos being created every month on the app, Public aims to connect the local communities of Bharat and become the one stop solution for all their local needs,” said Azhar Iqubal, Founder and CEO,
Public, available in Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Odia, Assamese, Gujarati and Marathi, offers its users content, updates on jobs, classifieds and more.
"The plan is to utilise the funding towards rapid scaling up of tech infrastructure, content offerings and employee base to further speed up the growth and continue improving on retention and engagement," said the company.
Reliance Retail seals its third deal this month – General Atlantic to invest ₹3,675 crore
CAMS to list tomorrow — trades at over 25% grey market premium despite volatile market conditions
- Mirabai Chanu becomes the first Indian weightlifter to win a silver medal at the Olympics
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals on gaming laptops, keyboards and more
- Brazil suspends Covaxin trials, weeks after graft allegations surfaced
- ICSE, ISC board results to be declared today — Here’s how to check online
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals on fitness trackers from Xiaomi, OnePlus and more