Lee Fixel’s India comeback – former Tiger Global head leads a $35 million round in Inshorts for its social media app Public
Lee Fixelis leading a $35 million round in Inshortsthrough his recently launched investment firm Addition.
- Inshorts has raised the latest funding from Addition, SIG Global and Tanglin Venture Partners, and the investment is for their social media app – Public.
- Public, available in various Indian languages offers its users content, updates on jobs, classifieds and more.
AdvertisementLee Fixel, the former
The latest investment comes from his newly launched fund Addition. Fixel has raised $1.3 billion for his fund Addition through which he will invest in multi-stage startups, he told Forbes in August.
In India, Fixel is credited for Tiger Global’s biggest investment here – Flipkart and for being an investor who didn’t wait around to hand out cheques. Tiger Global made $3.5 billion from the Walmart-Flipkart deal.
Inshorts funds will go to its social media app Public
Inshorts has raised the latest funding from Addition, SIG Global and Tanglin Venture Partners, and the investment is for their social media app – Public. "With more than 50 million active users and over one million videos being created every month on the app, Public aims to connect the local communities of Bharat and become the one stop solution for all their local needs,” said Azhar Iqubal, Founder and CEO,
Public, available in Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Odia, Assamese, Gujarati and Marathi, offers its users content, updates on jobs, classifieds and more.
"The plan is to utilise the funding towards rapid scaling up of tech infrastructure, content offerings and employee base to further speed up the growth and continue improving on retention and engagement," said the company.
Reliance Retail seals its third deal this month – General Atlantic to invest ₹3,675 crore
CAMS to list tomorrow — trades at over 25% grey market premium despite volatile market conditions
Popular on BI
- Relieve constipation naturally with Indian foods: A guide to digestive health
- Less than half of JSW Infrastructure’s IPO subscribed on day 1
- Big unlisted companies may come under tighter regulatory norms
- IndianOil unveils India's first green hydrogen-run bus that emits just water
- Not comfortable with NPAs in urban co-op banks says RBI, asks lenders to focus on governance