Lee Fixel’s India comeback – former Tiger Global head leads a $35 million round in Inshorts for its social media app Public
Lee Fixelis leading a $35 million round in Inshortsthrough his recently launched investment firm Addition.
- Inshorts has raised the latest funding from Addition, SIG Global and Tanglin Venture Partners, and the investment is for their social media app – Public.
- Public, available in various Indian languages offers its users content, updates on jobs, classifieds and more.
The latest investment comes from his newly launched fund Addition. Fixel has raised $1.3 billion for his fund Addition through which he will invest in multi-stage startups, he told Forbes in August.
In India, Fixel is credited for Tiger Global’s biggest investment here – Flipkart and for being an investor who didn’t wait around to hand out cheques. Tiger Global made $3.5 billion from the Walmart-Flipkart deal.
AdvertisementInshorts funds will go to its social media app Public
Inshorts has raised the latest funding from Addition, SIG Global and Tanglin Venture Partners, and the investment is for their social media app – Public. "With more than 50 million active users and over one million videos being created every month on the app, Public aims to connect the local communities of Bharat and become the one stop solution for all their local needs,” said Azhar Iqubal, Founder and CEO,
Public, available in Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Odia, Assamese, Gujarati and Marathi, offers its users content, updates on jobs, classifieds and more.
"The plan is to utilise the funding towards rapid scaling up of tech infrastructure, content offerings and employee base to further speed up the growth and continue improving on retention and engagement," said the company.
Reliance Retail seals its third deal this month – General Atlantic to invest ₹3,675 crore
CAMS to list tomorrow — trades at over 25% grey market premium despite volatile market conditions
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month
- L&T aims to become carbon neutral by 2040 and here's how
- Paytm may drop its pre-IPO sale as advisors recommend lower valuation
- Adidas onboards Deepika Padukone as its global brand ambassador