Myntra's new leave policy includes 'care leaves' to look after ailing parents or sick children, and wedding leaves for same-sex marriages
- Flipkart owned fashion retailer
Myntrahas announced new leave policies as a part of its employee-centric initiatives.
- With the COVID-19 pandemic and its new normal of working from home, several companies have turned to placing focus on their employees and their wellness.
- Earlier, home services startup Urban Company (formerly known as UrbanClap) had announced an unlimited mental health
AdvertisementFlipkart owned fashion retailer Myntra has announced new leave policies as part of its employee-centric initiatives.The list of new leaves introduced makes way for employees to take leaves not just when they are sick but also when their family members are sick. The company has also made a decision to make wedding leaves available for same-sex couples as well.
Amar Nagaram, chief executive of Myntra, said in a statement that this move would help employees to “take care of their priorities at work and beyond, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.”
Here are the kind of leaves introduced by Myntra:
– 14 days of Care Leaves that employees can avail to take care of young children and older parents when they fall sick or need assistance.
– 5 days of wedding leaves including for those who get married outside the country, same-sex partner marriages, and civil unions. (Indian laws do not yet allow
– Unlimited wellness leaves or sick leaves.
– 24 vacation days.
With the COVID-19 pandemic and its new normal of working from home, several companies have turned to placing focus on their employees and their wellness. This has also resulted in companies introducing initiatives such as no meeting Fridays, mental health as a priority and more. Earlier, home services startup Urban Company (formerly known as Urban Clap) had announced an unlimited mental health leave policy.
Unacademy acquires TapChief to help students get their dream jobs – its seventh acquisition in the last one year
Carl Pei’s Nothing invites users to invest in the company – $1.5 million worth shares available
Popular on BI
- Coffee Maker - Best coffee machine for home in India
- Although FII flows have reversed, retail investor confidence remains low thanks to macro concerns
- Brain-dead woman's organs save four lives
- Goa hotels recorded the best occupancies and earned more too says report
- Best tech gifts for your sisters this Rakhi