Carl Pei’s Nothing invites users to invest in the company – $1.5 million worth shares available
- Nothing has invited users to invest in the company to get involved in building the firm.
- Nothing has revealed that $1.5 million worth of shares are available for the public.
- Users can invest a minimum of €50 and a maximum of €20,000.
AdvertisementCarl Pei’s Nothing Technologies has invited users to invest in the company, asking them to get involved in the development of the company and its products.
Essentially, Nothing wants to involve its users right from the funding stage to product development, which is a slightly tweaked version of crowdfunding. Those who have followed Nothing’s founder Carl Pei would know that this is a way to get the community involved and generate hype – a recipe that has worked well for OnePlus.
Carl Pei had co-founded phone maker OnePlus -- based in China -- in 2013 along with Pete Lau. Pei announced his departure from OnePlus in October, 2020 and founded Nothing in January, 2021.
Usually the community has to wait for an IPO to invest, but by that time, the valuation is already high. We are inv… https://t.co/HdISxZUKs9— Carl Pei (@getpeid) 1613471402000
What is Nothing all about?
Nothing is a consumer technology company based in London. While not much is known about its plans, Pei has announced that Nothing will launch a pair of truly wireless earbuds.
Nothing has also acquired Essential - the company which was founded by Andy Rubin, the co-founder of Android Inc.
How do I invest in Nothing and become a shareholder?
At the moment, Nothing has invited interested users to sign up with their email and desired investment amount on its website, nothing.tech.
Signing up on the Nothing website will get you early access to the funding platform, which the company says will open up in a few weeks’ time.
Nothing also noted that shares will be made available on a first-come first-serve basis. So, if you’re really interested in investing in an upcoming consumer tech company at an attractive valuation, this could be your chance to get in.
AdvertisementAt this point, it seems that users based out of any country can invest in Nothing, but rules in this regard will vary from country to country. Additionally, more details about this will be revealed by Nothing once the investing platform goes live.
Who has invested in Nothing?
Nothing had recently announced that it had raised $15 million in a Series A round led by GV (formerly Google Ventures). The $1.5 million from the public will be raised at the same valuation as the Series A round.
Apart from this, it had earlier raised $7 million in seed funding. Here are the participants of the seed funding.
|Tony Fadell||Principal at Future Shape & Inventor of the iPod|
|Kevin Lin||Co-founder of Twitch|
|Steve Huffman||CEO of Reddit|
|Liam Casey||Founder and CEO, PCH|
|Paddy Cosgrave||Founder of Web Summit|
|Josh Buckley||CEO of Product Hunt|
|Kunal Shah||CEO, CRED|
When will you be able to invest?
Users can start registering from today and the campaign will go on till March 2.
What is the minimum amount for investment?
The minimum amount that you can invest is €50 (approx. ₹4,420.).
What is the maximum amount for investment?
A single user can invest a maximum of €20,000 (approx. ₹17,68,825).
Will the investors get a board seat?
Nothing will elect one board member from this community of users to represent the voice of the community in board meetings.
One Plus co-founder Carl Pei picks Android creator Andy Rubin’s Essential to put the “giant reset button” in consumer tech
OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei launches a new consumer tech company and it's literally called Nothing
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- As road & rail projects gather steam, cap good companies set for a decadal growth opportunity
- Network18 group to merge TV, digital news businesses
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet