Nykaa raises another round of investment from Boston’s Fidelity through a secondary transaction
- Beauty e-commerce unicorn Nykaa has raised another investment from the Boston-based asset management company Fidelity Management & Research Company.
- Earlier this year, Nykaa had raised funds similarly through secondary transactions from actresses Alia Bhatt and Katrina Kaif.
- In March 2020, Nykaa had raised ₹166 crore from Steadview Capital, one of its existing investors.
Indian beauty e-commerce unicorn Nykaa has raised funds from the Boston-based asset management company Fidelity Management & Research Company. The investment was made through a secondary transaction, which gave Nykaa’s previous investors a partial exit.
View all Offers
View all Offers
Amazon Brand - Solimo Rollaway Wrought Iron Metal Folding Single Bed with 4-Inch Contemporary Foam Mattress, Lockable Wheels (Black)₹ 9999₹ 15000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Musca Fabric Single Seater Recliner (Brown, Chocolate)₹ 16699₹ 27000Buy On
MBTC Alaska Mesh Office Revolving Desk Chair₹ 3189₹ 4999Buy On
SleepX Dual Comfort Mattress 6 inch King Bed Size, High Density (HD) Foam- Medium Soft & Hard (Orange, 78x72x6)₹ 9509₹ 18415Buy On
SleepX Dual Comfort Mattress - Medium Soft & Hard - King Bed Size (Orange, 78x72x5, Foam)₹ 8339₹ 15346Buy On
Through the investment, some of Nykaa’s employees also sold their ESOPs (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
Earlier this year, Nykaa had raised investments similarly through secondary transactions from actresses Alia Bhatt and Katrina Kaif. In March 2020, Nykaa had raised ₹166 crore from Steadview Capital, one of its existing investors.
AdvertisementThe investment had brought Nykaa a ticket to the unicorn club with a $1.2 billion valuation, having already raised over $100 million in total funding.
“We are very excited to have Fidelity, one of the largest asset managers in the world, to join as a partner in our growth journey. Their investment in a private company in India is testament to the strength of our brand and business model. Nykaa’s focus on business sustainability and corporate governance further supports such strong investor confidence,” said Nykaa Founder and CEO Falguni Nayar in a statement.
Nykaa’s profitability streak
|FY20||₹1,860 crore||₹94 crore|
|FY19||₹1,159.32 crore.||₹2.3 crore|
With the rise in e-commerce sales despite the coronavirus lockdown, Nykaa expects its revenue to grow by 40% in FY21.
Alia Bhatt dons the entrepreneur hat — launches a conscious clothing line for kids
Sharechat's Moj has a new strategy to add more users — ties up for exclusive content with one of India's most viewed reality shows, Bigg Boss
Popular on BI
- HUL spent Rs 1,193 crore on advertising between October and December 2021
- Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant and Ravichandran Ashwin included in ICC Men's Test team of the Year 2021
- One in five Urban Company professionals took home at least ₹38,000 a month, claims the company
- Rythu Bandhu scheme - Telangana government deposits ₹7,400 crore into the bank accounts of 62 lakh farmers
- As tepid two wheeler sales hurt Bajaj Auto’s profitability, stock slides 4%