Paytm is scaling up its lending operations – brings on board former Clix Capital CEO
Paytmhas appointed Bhavesh Guptaas SVP and CEO of its lending business. Gupta, had just recently resigned from his position as the CEO of Clix Capital.
- Clix Capital, which has been in partnership with Paytm for over a year now, is headed for a merger with Lakshmi Vilas Bank.
- Paytm’s lending operations will begin with lending from various NBFCs and bank partnerships.
AdvertisementPaytm has appointed Bhavesh Gupta as SVP and CEO of its lending business. Gupta, had just recently resigned from his position as the CEO of Clix Capital and had grown the loan book of the NBFC to ₹5,500 crore, according to reports. Gupta also has over a decade of experience of working with banks.
“I plan to build along with a fantastic team the most cost-effective & consumer-friendly lending products for all citizens. The wealth management and financial service solutions that Paytm is building are transforming the lives of millions of Indians and are relevant globally as well,” said Gupta in a statement.
Interestingly, Clix Capital, which has been in partnership with Paytm for over a year now, is headed for a merger with Lakshmi Vilas Bank.
Paytm’s lending operations will begin with lending from various NBFCs and bank partnerships. Paytm Payments Bank is not yet allowed to lend according to the RBI.
“Paytm is on a mission to democratise diversified financial services in the country and access to credit for consumers and small businesses is a critical enabler to fulfil their ambitions and wishes,” said Amit Nayyar, President at Paytm.
The Vijay Shekhar Sharma-led Paytm has also been ramping up its offerings. It recently launched stock broking services and also forayed into insurance.
Paytm is set to launch its stock market trading service in the next few weeks, says founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma
WhatsApp is starting lending and insurance with a number of users that Paytm, PhonePe and Amazon took years to build
Popular on BI
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- ICC Rankings: Ravi Bishnoi becomes world's No.1 T20I bowler
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- Air India rejigs 250-aircraft Airbus order
- Retail trumps corporate lending as small-ticket loans see fourfold jump in past two years
- Exploring the nutritional marvel of Gond laddu: A winter delight