Priyanka Chopra Jonas makes another tech investment – this time in US-based rental marketplace Apartment List
- In her latest investment Apartment List,
Priyanka Chopra Jonasjoins a star studded board of investors including American singer Lizzo, baseball star Alex Rodriguez or Arod, NBA player Andre Iguodala and others.
- The actress had earlier invested in the dating app Bumble and coding education startup Holberton School.
- The actress had earlier said that in 2021 she’s looking to invest in
startupsthat are a mix of beauty and tech, as well as education companies.
AdvertisementActress, entrepreneur and investor
In her latest investment Apartment List, she joins a star studded board of investors including American singer Lizzo, baseball star Alex Rodriguez or Arod, NBA player Andre Iguodala and others.
For the 10-year old company, the latest investment of $10 million follows the $50 million series D funding it raised in December 2020, at a valuation of $600 million. The reportedly profitable startup has over 5.5 million listings and 30 million registered users on its platform.
Priyanka Chopra on the lookout for startup investments
Speaking at the recently held Startup India Prarambh event by the Indian government, the actress had said that “ideas are the currency of the present”.
Chopra Jonas, who says she has always been fond of talk, was introduced to the investing world by her US manager Anjula Acharia who is also a venture capitalist. The actress said that she bets on startups that have found a gap in the market, have a social cause or just help people live their lives better, but are also of course, financially viable.
“I would love to invest in an Indian idea that resonates globally,” she said.
The actress said that in 2021 she’s looking to invest in startups that are a mix of beauty and tech, as well as education.
Indian grooming startup Bombay Shaving Company gets ₹45 crore investment from Dettol maker Reckitt Benckiser
India's Enforcement Directorate begins probe against Amazon for alleged violation of FEMA rules in the Future Retail deal
Popular on BI
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India
- Are we worse off than we were in 2008? Foreign investors seem to think so