Priyanka Chopra Jonas makes another tech investment – this time in US-based rental marketplace Apartment List
- In her latest investment Apartment List,
Priyanka Chopra Jonasjoins a star studded board of investors including American singer Lizzo, baseball star Alex Rodriguez or Arod, NBA player Andre Iguodala and others.
- The actress had earlier invested in the dating app Bumble and coding education startup Holberton School.
- The actress had earlier said that in 2021 she’s looking to invest in
startupsthat are a mix of beauty and tech, as well as education companies.
In her latest investment Apartment List, she joins a star studded board of investors including American singer Lizzo, baseball star Alex Rodriguez or Arod, NBA player Andre Iguodala and others.
For the 10-year old company, the latest investment of $10 million follows the $50 million series D funding it raised in December 2020, at a valuation of $600 million. The reportedly profitable startup has over 5.5 million listings and 30 million registered users on its platform.
Priyanka Chopra on the lookout for startup investments
Speaking at the recently held Startup India Prarambh event by the Indian government, the actress had said that “ideas are the currency of the present”.
Chopra Jonas, who says she has always been fond of talk, was introduced to the investing world by her US manager Anjula Acharia who is also a venture capitalist. The actress said that she bets on startups that have found a gap in the market, have a social cause or just help people live their lives better, but are also of course, financially viable.
“I would love to invest in an Indian idea that resonates globally,” she said.
The actress said that in 2021 she’s looking to invest in startups that are a mix of beauty and tech, as well as education.
Indian grooming startup Bombay Shaving Company gets ₹45 crore investment from Dettol maker Reckitt Benckiser
India's Enforcement Directorate begins probe against Amazon for alleged violation of FEMA rules in the Future Retail deal
Popular on BI
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines