Revolut starts India operations, appoints former Lendingkart, Flipkart executive Paroma Chatterjee as CEO
Fintech company Revolut, which is also one of Europe’s largest startups, has appointed Paroma Chatterjeeas its India chief executive officer.
- Revolut offers everything from money transfer and exchange, to stock trading, wealth management, loans, peer-to-peer payments and even cryptocurrency trading.
- Chatterjee was formerly the chief business officer at
LendingKart, and has held top roles at Flipkartand Airtel Money, previously.
AdvertisementThe $5.5 billion fintech firm
A graduate of Indian Institute of Management-Lucknow, Chatterjee was also named as one of the top 25 women leaders in the financial technology sector in Asia, last year by The Financial Technology Report.
Revolut deals with money transfer and exchange, stock trading, wealth management, loans, peer-to-peer payments and even cryptocurrency trading, which will not be offered in India.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in London, the startup has built a strong presence in several countries and is also looking for a banking licence in the US. The startup claims to have 15 million customers globally and says it processes 100 million transactions in a month.
The digital banking and financial services startup is looking to enter India with an initial investment of $20-25 million, its co-founder Nikolay Storonsky told Business Insider in an earlier exclusive interview.
“We’re looking forward to transforming the way people in India access and manage their money as we bring our products and services to more people around the world,” Storonsky said in a statement.
The company said that Chatterjee ‘will build and lead Revolut’s subsidiary in India, define and implement the business strategy, hire the team and manage licence applications and any potential acquisitions in the market.’
“I couldn’t be more excited to join Revolut and become a part of this phenomenal growth journey. It is an honour and a privilege to be asked to lead the business for such a world-class company, in a country that presents one of the largest opportunities globally for Revolut. I look forward to building an exceptionally talented team and working with them, as we continue to develop superlative financial solutions for millions of consumers in India,” Chatterjee said in a statement.
Coinbase hires former Google Pay exec to lead India ops, is hiring aggressively and looking for startup acquisitions
Popular on BI
- Here are the ten big income tax rule changes that will come into effect from April 1
- Not just for OTT, people rely on digital to discover & engage with content across TV and movies: BCG-Meta Report
- SPC Lifesciences files draft papers with SEBI for IPO
- Sensex rallies 346 pts, Nifty near 17,100 on firm global markets
- Removal of commission caps for insurance agents likely to boost innovation, customer-centricity