Sachin Tendulkar picks up a strategic stake in edtech unicorn Unacademy – will also develop a sports learning category on the platform
Tendulkarwill now be a brand ambassador for the startup and also conduct a series of live interactive classes.
- Tendulkar was already a part of the series ‘Legends on
Unacademy’ where he has gone live on the platform to share his experiences and journey with the students.
- In September 2020, Unacademy had entered the unicorn club with a $150 million cheque from Japanese investment firm SoftBank, after 5 years of starting up.
“With this partnership, we are creating an unmatched learning experience by having Sachin share his life lessons with our learners and coach them. We are working on developing a deeper content-led partnership, the contours of which will be revealed in the coming months,” said Gaurav Munjal, Co-Founder and CEO, Unacademy Group in a statement.
Tendulkar was already a part of the series ‘Legends on Unacademy’ where he has gone live on the platform to share his experiences and journey with the students. With the partnership, Unacademy is also set to develop a sports learning category.
Advertisement“I have always believed in the power of sports as a medium that not only unifies people but also gives invaluable lessons which can help individuals in any walk of life. It has always been my endeavor to share my learnings of the game with young girls and boys and inspire them to be the best version of themselves,” said Tendulkar in a statement.
In September 2020, Unacademy had entered the unicorn club with a $150 million cheque from Japanese investment firm SoftBank, after 5 years of starting up. In November 2020, the edtech unicorn’s valuation soared to $2 billion as it raised an undisclosed amount of funding from New York-based Tiger Global Management and the US-based Dragoneer Investment Group.
Unacademy had also raised funding from Facebook in February, the social media giant’s second direct investment in India.
The edtech unicorn has also seen a huge uptick in users thanks to the online shift in learning, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
IPO-bound Zomato's valuation jumps to $5.4 billion as it cashes in another $250 million
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down