IPO-bound Zomato's valuation jumps to $5.4 billion as it cashes in another $250 million
- Zomato has raised the latest investment from five different investment firms.
- The foodtech unicorn has been raising funds in the last year, in what is thought to be a pre IPO round.
- Founded in 2008 by Deepinder Goyal, Zomato is on its way to be one of the first startups in the country to head for an IPO.
AdvertisementIndian foodtech unicorn Zomato has raised $250 million as it is headed for the stock markets with an initial public offering (IPO).
Zomato has raised the latest investment from investment firms like Kora Management, Fidelity Management, Tiger Global, Bow Wave Capital Management and Dragoneer Investment Group, shows a regulatory filing by one of the company’s earliest investors Info Edge.
The latest investment pushes Zomato’s valuation to $5.4 billion from its previous $3.6 billion.
Zomato has been raising funds the last year, too, in what is thought to be a pre-IPO round.
Zomato’s fundraise in 2020
|Tiger Global||$102.5 million||September, 2020|
|Temasek||$62 million||September, 2020|
|Pacific Horizon Investment Trust||$5 million||April, 2020|
|Ant Financial||$150 million||January, 2020|
With the latest fundraise, Info Edge’s stake has come down to 18.4%
Zomato, founded in 2008, is on its way to be one of the first startups in the country to head for an IPO. According to reports last year, Zomato’s co-founder and chief executive Deepinder Goyal, in an email to his employees, said that the company is looking to list publicly in the first half of 2021.
Even while Zomato faced the test of times in 2020, it also brought the food tech startup closer to profitability. “In terms of the size of the business, COVID-19 has set us back by a year or so – but a year is only a small blip when you are building a company for the next 100 years,” wrote Zomato CEO Deepinder Goyal in an earlier blog.
Info Edge is now worth almost $10 billion even with its profits falling for five quarters in a row
Vedantu acquires Instasolv, a doubt-solving app – the latest in buzzing edtech acquisitions in India
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know